[HELP] Tank Crash (Acros, lps, softies)

For what it’s worth, I’ve had corals (sps, lps, softies) die from everything: high/low lighting, high/low flow, high/low nutrients, bacterial infection, etc. Most of this from a young tank + beginner mistakes.

The ONLY time I had every coral in the tank screaming at me overnight was when my salinity was way off (1.030). I no longer trust electronic salinity meters!

IMO disregard the tank age comments: I have acros still with me that were added month 2, and some that I added 1.5 years in that didn’t make it. Sure it’s a higher percentage of success by having a mature tank, but some lessons can’t be learned until you face issues head on.
Appreciate your experience here, I just bit the bullet and just ordered Vee Gee Scientific STX-3 (as Slingfox suggested)

In the long run it would be worth it I am sure
 
I am going with metal, in the system

As above , magnet..impeller,algae scraper etc.

Metal clamp, bracket, support, hardware, additives with copper.

Couple systems back, coral dying, couldn't figure it out. Removed frags racks and started removing sand. Found two pennies buried in sand bed. Kid and his knucklehead friends were taping pennies nerf darts. Nerf darts and pennies everywhere.
luckily no pennies yet, I just bought some plastic coated magnet and going to run them in the sand to see what I find
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new