Help to catch Elegant Firefish

ssunthar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
848
Reaction score
602
Location
Singapore
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Experts, I am dealing with velvet attack and at this point I already lost about 85% of my fishes (even after putting them in QT for treatment). All left now are 1 Coral Beauty (currently in QT), a pair of Elegant Firefish (still in DT) & 1 Electric Blue Damsel (still in DT), am not sure if my tiger goby (in DT) also died from velvet, I am unable to see it anymore. Really hoping to start the fallow process soon but I am unable to, yet.

These 3 fishes are still in my DT simply because I was not able to catch them (like how I did with the other fishes using methods like just netting them out, DIY fish trap and stunning them with light). Would like to seek ideas, tips and trick on how to catch (especially the firefish -- which are extremely fast and always darts back under the rocks) without tearing down my tank. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
 
Hi Experts, I am dealing with velvet attack and at this point I already lost about 85% of my fishes (even after putting them in QT for treatment). All left now are 1 Coral Beauty (currently in QT), a pair of Elegant Firefish (still in DT) & 1 Electric Blue Damsel (still in DT), am not sure if my tiger goby (in DT) also died from velvet, I am unable to see it anymore. Really hoping to start the fallow process soon but I am unable to, yet.

These 3 fishes are still in my DT simply because I was not able to catch them (like how I did with the other fishes using methods like just netting them out, DIY fish trap and stunning them with light). Would like to seek ideas, tips and trick on how to catch (especially the firefish -- which are extremely fast and always darts back under the rocks) without tearing down my tank. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sorry for your losses. Hang in there.

IceCap fish trap - little fishing line used to hold door open allows quick closure

yes peeling paper off IceCap trap's acrylic to assemble trap box does take patience (adult beverages help) - BRS has many people complaining about this so I was prepared upon arrival - I have TWO sizes of traps because they work very well for me. I've done the peeling bit, used trap, then got another size for other fish and ease of in/out of tank thru canopy

TIPS:
- attach the trap so the line is perpendicular & straight
---- no weird angle or upon release door might not slide straight down & jam...
- hold fishing line with cleaner magnet so fish gets used to trap with door open
- ONLY feed fish thru trap's feeder tube
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new