Help to catch Elegant Firefish

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Experts, I am dealing with velvet attack and at this point I already lost about 85% of my fishes (even after putting them in QT for treatment). All left now are 1 Coral Beauty (currently in QT), a pair of Elegant Firefish (still in DT) & 1 Electric Blue Damsel (still in DT), am not sure if my tiger goby (in DT) also died from velvet, I am unable to see it anymore. Really hoping to start the fallow process soon but I am unable to, yet.

These 3 fishes are still in my DT simply because I was not able to catch them (like how I did with the other fishes using methods like just netting them out, DIY fish trap and stunning them with light). Would like to seek ideas, tips and trick on how to catch (especially the firefish -- which are extremely fast and always darts back under the rocks) without tearing down my tank. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Experts, I am dealing with velvet attack and at this point I already lost about 85% of my fishes (even after putting them in QT for treatment). All left now are 1 Coral Beauty (currently in QT), a pair of Elegant Firefish (still in DT) & 1 Electric Blue Damsel (still in DT), am not sure if my tiger goby (in DT) also died from velvet, I am unable to see it anymore. Really hoping to start the fallow process soon but I am unable to, yet.

These 3 fishes are still in my DT simply because I was not able to catch them (like how I did with the other fishes using methods like just netting them out, DIY fish trap and stunning them with light). Would like to seek ideas, tips and trick on how to catch (especially the firefish -- which are extremely fast and always darts back under the rocks) without tearing down my tank. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sorry for your losses. Hang in there.

IceCap fish trap - little fishing line used to hold door open allows quick closure

yes peeling paper off IceCap trap's acrylic to assemble trap box does take patience (adult beverages help) - BRS has many people complaining about this so I was prepared upon arrival - I have TWO sizes of traps because they work very well for me. I've done the peeling bit, used trap, then got another size for other fish and ease of in/out of tank thru canopy

TIPS:
- attach the trap so the line is perpendicular & straight
---- no weird angle or upon release door might not slide straight down & jam...
- hold fishing line with cleaner magnet so fish gets used to trap with door open
- ONLY feed fish thru trap's feeder tube

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back