Help to identify Torch coral

Rachelle G

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2020
Messages
253
Reaction score
310
Location
North Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. A couple of months ago, I purchased a torch coral that I thought may have been bleached....maybe???? The owner of the LFS said it was brought in by someone and gave me a really good price, so I took it. Over the months it has changed color and just trying to figure out what type it may be. The first pic is what it looked like when I first put it in the tank. Sorry it is not a close up, but the only one I could find that showed it. It is light pink top right corner.
IMG_4906.jpeg


Here is what it looks like now. ( Sorry I am trying to figure out how to take the pics when the blues are on.) But it is now a very, very deep purple with very bright green tips and a yellowish hugh on the top portion of the tentacles.

IMG_5260.jpeg IMG_5261.jpeg IMG_5262.jpeg
 
Looks like an Indo torch. May have been on the bleached side but appears to be coloring up nicely. Not sure if there is a fancy name for it like dragon soul but it is a nice looking piece.
 
Looks like an Indo torch. May have been on the bleached side but appears to be coloring up nicely. Not sure if there is a fancy name for it like dragon soul but it is a nice looking piece.
I paid $50 for it, so if it keeps coloring up and turns out to be something on the side of one of those fancy named ones, I guess I scored. But I won't hold my breath. Was hoping someone had one that was similar and had the more common name.
 
I purchased one from my lfs that sounds similar to yours and they described it as an ultra Indo torch with yellow tips, yellow mouth and black body. First 2 photos are from lfs and second 2 are mine. I too have a tough time taking photos with all the blue lighting.

123-1.jpg 123-1-1.jpg MVIMG_20200423_152818.jpg MVIMG_20200422_160422.jpg
 
I purchased one from my lfs that sounds similar to yours and they described it as an ultra Indo torch with yellow tips, yellow mouth and black body. First 2 photos are from lfs and second 2 are mine. I too have a tough time taking photos with all the blue lighting.

123-1.jpg 123-1-1.jpg MVIMG_20200423_152818.jpg MVIMG_20200422_160422.jpg
I haven't been able to see the mouth so not sure what color it is, but I will keep checking, maybe the wave will hit is just right to spread the tentacles enough for me to see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new