Help w/ A8se

3rd.coast.villa.reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Cypress
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m afraid that my lights are possibly bricked. The app update and now I can’t connect to lights unless I setup WiFi. Scan fails (no WiFi is picked up) and I cannot directly connect as it brings up an error message saying to connect to WiFi first.

Anyone have custom driver/controllers built for this using the ESP32. This app is a nightmare.

Or can someone be so kind to help me figure this out
 
I’m afraid that my lights are possibly bricked. The app update and now I can’t connect to lights unless I setup WiFi. Scan fails (no WiFi is picked up) and I cannot directly connect as it brings up an error message saying to connect to WiFi first.

Anyone have custom driver/controllers built for this using the ESP32. This app is a nightmare.

Or can someone be so kind to help me figure this out
Try this?
Yea there’s a bug in the update pack. Remove the app and reinstall. When it prompts you to do the update pack decline it.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/aliexpress-a8se-reef-light.972836/page-20#post-12480886
Search.. wifi and this thread will eliminate lots of pages leaving 8 to go through for hints.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new