help wanted gyre problem.

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GRYE PROBLEM HELP WANTED-one side of my grye was not spinning or spinning randomly. while the other side was spinning 24/7
upon inspection I determined that all parts were in working order except, one bushing was worn out. so I ordered all new driver and propeller fittings and replaced them all
a few days later the same problem has returned. one side of my grye is not spinning or spinning randomly. while the other side was spinning 24/7. how could this be? it has all new parts.
how does one bushing, on one side wear out in less than a week. u can clearly see, that half of the NEW bushing is worn clean thru. im at a loss as to what is causing this any ideas. like I said ALL parts visually appear fine. all other parts appear to look fine and its only on one side. i do know that replaceing the bushing was not the answer so its something else affecting the bushings but what?
Screenshot_20231127_163800_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20231127_163014_Chrome.jpg

20231127_162309.jpg
20231127_162321.jpg

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmmm. I had this problem - but it happened first on one side - when I put the whole thing back together I accidentally put the new bushing on the opposite side - and then put the older bushing (from the other side) on the prior damaged side. However, I'm relatively stupid on these things. The there thing - is make sure there is no resistance to spinning when you replace the bushing - i.e. - even though it may spin at first - its damaging the bushing quickly. I would make sure that bad side (and the other good side) are well cleaned.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back