Help! What is this on my blenny

bossman818

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2024
Messages
226
Reaction score
182
Location
canyon country
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this on my cardinal blenny? One of the fins look damaged and some type of scaring or something. He scrapes against back wall often. What can I do? I am somewhat new to hobby and never dealt with this. Any help will be appreciated. Photos is after I fed him.

IMG_4570.jpeg IMG_4571.jpeg IMG_4572.jpeg IMG_4573.jpeg IMG_4574.jpeg IMG_4576.jpeg IMG_4575.jpeg IMG_4577.jpeg
 
Can you please post white light pics? Could be aggression from another tank mate
 
Tough to see clearly, posting under white lights will help, but that could be lymphocystis, a self-limiting viral disease that doesn't require treatment.
 
As stated white light pics would help.
I know my fang blenny was the object of aggression from some tankmates, they can be quite docile and an easy target.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new