Help! What is this?

phillipsjo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a nano tank running for about a year. I've had success with keeping most coral alive and some that are growing. Can anyone identify the formation growing on my top rock? I can't tell if it's an algae that has hardened or not. It looks cool, like a coral formation with "branches", but it is very much an algae green color. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Temp-1000x1000.jpg (1).png Temp-1000x1000.jpg.png

OP
OP
phillipsjo21

phillipsjo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Codium macroalgae.

Nice! :)
Appears that way after a brief Google search, thanks! I tried to reverse Google search and it didn't seem to be catching what I was trying to find. Not sure how it appeared in my tank but it seems to be a reef cleaner so I will leave it and see how it goes.

flyingscampi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears that way after a brief Google search, thanks! I tried to reverse Google search and it didn't seem to be catching what I was trying to find. Not sure how it appeared in my tank but it seems to be a reef cleaner so I will leave it and see how it goes.
Do you have any hermit crabs? I'm thinking of getting some Codium, but my hermit stuffs its face with any green macroalgae that dares to make an appearance.

OP
OP
phillipsjo21

phillipsjo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any hermit crabs? I'm thinking of getting some Codium, but my hermit stuffs its face with any green macroalgae that dares to make an appearance.
Actually, I do have some Blue Leg hermit crabs. They have been in the tank for about a month but have not bothered the Codium...yet.

Attachments

• Temp-1000x1000.jpg (2).png
    Temp-1000x1000.jpg (2).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Back