HELP! What the HECK is this thing???

Oh wait, do I fw dip the pipefish too? Or just leave them alone

Leave the pipefish alone unless you see an Argulus actually on its skin.
 
In case anyone wants to see my horses: here's Mary (black and white), Musty (black), and Rapunzel (orange) 🥰
 

Attachments

  • 20260401_162206.jpg
    20260401_162206.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20260401_162415.jpg
    20260401_162415.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20260401_162519.jpg
    20260401_162519.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 34
I'm no Seahorse expert, but maybe there is a natural way to control them. For Example, Cleaner Shrimp for Fish and also Cleaner Wrasses.
 
I'm no Seahorse expert, but maybe there is a natural way to control them. For Example, Cleaner Shrimp for Fish and also Cleaner Wrasses.
From what I've heard it can be a bit tricky adding shrimp and wrasses in with horses cuz they'd easily outcompete them for food, but it would be worth a shot to add in a shrimp at least to see if it'll do anything useful :)
 
dont think you dip the fish and seahorses! you start a hospital tank and medicate them probably and treat main tank but im just guessing except the dipping part dont think you dip fish and horses just corals
 
Hey guys, just wanted to update yall on the parasite scare for the horses.

I did a fw dip on the horses and cautiously added in the new cb horse (Rapunzel) the day after the dip. No new parasites came off them during the dip (at least that I could see), and none have appeared on any livestock since.

In fact, both wild horses are learning from the cb horse to eat frozen, and now they're all almost entirely eating frozen mysis and frozen brine. 😎
1000031847.jpg
 
Hey guys, just wanted to update yall on the parasite scare for the horses.

I did a fw dip on the horses and cautiously added in the new cb horse (Rapunzel) the day after the dip. No new parasites came off them during the dip (at least that I could see), and none have appeared on any livestock since.

In fact, both wild horses are learning from the cb horse to eat frozen, and now they're all almost entirely eating frozen mysis and frozen brine. 😎
1000031847.jpg
Great news!
 
Great news!
You have no idea how happy I am they're all okay! Even the pipefish is learning to eat from the feeding station lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new