Help! What's wrong with my orchid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sleepfairy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sleepfairy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's wrong with my orchid dottyback? Ick, velvet, something else? She's acting lethargic too.
 
How long has it appeared sick? How long have you had it?
 
How long has it appeared sick? How long have you had it?
I just noticed it last night. Paramus are all good except my ph was 7.8 after a weekly water change.
 
When was the last fish you added to the tank? Besides fish when was the last wet thing (snail, coral, etc) you added?
 
Velvet would be my diagnosis as well. Act fast as fish don't usually make it more than 48 hours
 
When was the last fish you added to the tank? Besides fish when was the last wet thing (snail, coral, etc) you added?
Cerith snails about 3 weeks ago.
 
Velvet would be my diagnosis as well. Act fast as fish don't usually make it more than 48 hours
Ok. I'm headed to the LFS. I'm guessing I need to treat everyone in the tank too?
 
Ok. I'm headed to the LFS. I'm guessing I need to treat everyone in the tank too?
Yes, all fish will need to be pulled and put into a quarantine tank and treated. and the display tank will need to sit fishless for up to 76 days to make sure the parasite dies out.
 
Yes, all fish will need to be pulled and put into a quarantine tank and treated. and the display tank will need to sit fishless for up to 76 days to make sure the parasite dies out.
[emoji30]
 
I actually think that’s brook, but it could be velvet and brook.

I’d treat with copper power and metroplex concurrently and ASAP as they’ll treat both.
 
I actually think that’s brook, but it could be velvet and brook.

I’d treat with copper power and metroplex concurrently and ASAP as they’ll treat both.
I was leaning toward brook too. Sounds more like what's going on. It was really fast.
 
I was leaning toward brook too. Sounds more like what's going on. It was really fast.
Found a lfs that has the Metroplex and Cupremine but no Copper Power. Is Cupremine ok?
 
Found a lfs that has the Metroplex and Cupremine but no Copper Power. Is Cupremine ok?
In a pinch it’s better than nothing. Do they have copper safe and a Hanna copper checker?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new