Help with AI Prime 16HD schedule

MrsClooney32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently my lights turn on at 6:00 and ramp up for an hour then start ramping down about 8:00. I’m battling some mean brown algae and my corals are bleached from what I can tell. What would be a good setting/time period to run my lights on? I just got these AI Primes so I’m really just trying to figure them out. Thanks in advance.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recommend you set your spectrum to a percentage of the AB+ one referenced in this BRSTV video:

Not knowing what your tank depth is or what the corals are used to, I'm guessing, but maybe start at 50-70% times the values referenced in that video? Then increase very slowly (one small adjustment per week) increasing until you either hit the max values in that video or stop sooner if the tank is shallow or you are keeping less light hungry corals.

As to duration, maybe something along the lines in this ecotech study: https://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/ReefWholesale_CoralLab.pdf

(9 hours total, one hour up, one hour down)

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see in your initial post that your display tank is a 55 gallon? So presumably the depth would be 21", which is reasonably deep. What types of corals are you keeping, i.e. softies, LPS, SPS, anemones?

OP
OP
M

MrsClooney32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see in your initial post that your display tank is a 55 gallon? So presumably the depth would be 21", which is reasonably deep. What types of corals are you keeping, i.e. softies, LPS, SPS, anemones?
Yes a 55. Currently have 1 anemone, 1 gsp and a few LPS.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the anemone (what type?) you are probably going to want to take the settings all the way up to the AB+ max ones (119/116/79/80/4/4/19), depending on how deep in the tank the 'nem has settled. The LPS and GSP will appreciate strong lighting, but not be quite as demanding. Of course the anemone is going to go where it wants to go, and any sudden changes may prompt it to pick up shop and move to where it feels happiest (current wise and lighting wise).

Back