Help with Apex alarm

  • Thread starter Thread starter DS204
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DS204

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
367
Reaction score
409
Location
Winnipeg, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, new user to the Apex system. Hoping someone could please help me with an alarm I am receiving?

It says:

Apex Fusion Alarm: apex
Status: OFF
Statement: Alarm is off
Date: 2019-09-11 07:35:12 -0500

So I understand apex is my hostname. The date and time is self-explanatory. I'm not sure what the -0500 means, that's an offset setting of some sort? Haven't explored those settings yet.

When I click the alert and go to the alerts page, it shows me this picture:
ApexAlarm2.png


When I check the outlet/output settings and look under 'Email_Alarm' the configuration is "Set OFF" but it's always been that way from what I remember. Not sure if this is the source of the alert?

I'm still new to the Apex setup so still getting my feet wet, so any information is helpful. Cheers thanks!
 
I think the -0500 is timezone offset.

Under Outputs, Look for the name EmailAlm or something like that or look for Alarm under Type and look at the configuration. It should list all the conditions that set it on and off.

EDIT: Sorry just read you already found that. Copy and paste what it says under your configuration (not the alarm log you posted above).
 
Last edited:
Thank you for your reply! Are you talking about this setting? See below:

When I check the outlet/output settings and look under 'Email_Alarm' the configuration is "Set OFF" but it's always been that way from what I remember. Not sure if this is the source of the alert?
 
If you go to the inputs tab (the thermometer icon) in fusion, look to the right hand column to make sure none of the probe range alarms are active. They can be useful, but are also often the source of these 'mystery' alarms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new