Help with clown tang eating

Ramdude4G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Looking for some advise from some more experienced tang keepers. I recently purchased a juvenile clown tang probably 2.5”-3” long. I believe he is a wild caught specimen. He will not eat prepared foods. Frozen or pellet. He does continuously pick at the rocks for algae. He will not even go for the Nori on a clip. He is starting to look a little thin. And ideas on how I can convince him to go after the other foods provided him. He pretty much has the rocks picked clean and I hate for him to starve himself.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only nori that my tangs like is Sally's Seaweed Salad

Find a smaller rock and rubberband some SSS to it and let that small rock sink to the bottom. If that works then slowly swap over to a clip.

Have also read some nice reviews on the below food

Hope that helps your clown t to be able to make the conversion... :)

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tangs wouldn't eat too much initially but what they did go for was Hikari spirulina brine shrimp, they love it plus I buy inexpensive nori from Amazon which they love.
Months into owning them, they started eating pellets and my own prepared food.
Good luck getting it to start eating

OP
OP
Ramdude4G

Ramdude4G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only nori that my tangs like is Sally's Seaweed Salad

Find a smaller rock and rubberband some SSS to it and let that small rock sink to the bottom. If that works then slowly swap over to a clip.

Have also read some nice reviews on the below food

Hope that helps your clown t to be able to make the conversion... :)
Thanks I’ll definitely give that a try.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the tips. Some ive tried and some I will be trying. Thanks again all.
Good luck, I love tangs
ZomboMeme 27092020194707.jpg

OP
OP
Ramdude4G

Ramdude4G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Every evening when I get home from work I go sit in front of the tank and the blonde comes out and parades around right in front of me. Lol. She is something else. Disregard the looks of the tank lol. Was fighting a bad case of dino. About ready to add sand back to the tank. Finally got that problem defeated.

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Every evening when I get home from work I go sit in front of the tank and the blonde comes out and parades around right in front of me. Lol. She is something else. Disregard the looks of the tank lol. Was fighting a bad case of dino. About ready to add sand back to the tank. Finally got that problem defeated.
How’s your clown tang doing? Is it eating now? My clown tang didn’t eat for a week then one day he started going after the food I was putting in the tank. I feed hikari mysis.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having trouble getting a new Orange Shoulder tang to eat and Jay suggested Mysis. I tried frozen Mysis and he went for it right away.

Back