Help with Compatibility

djlc13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Ocellaris Clownfish and one orchid dottyback in a 29 gallon tank. The three of them seem to get along real well and the clowns ended up pairing. After a month I added a fire fish gobe which ended up fighting with the dottyback a lot do I had to remove him. Same thing happened with a royal gamma that I added later so I had to remove the gamma as well. What other fish should I add to the aquarium that would be compatible with these three? I only really want one or two more.

Specific Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't

ideally you should add the most aggressive fish last after those fish have established a territory. Maybe just add inverts instead. tank seems stocked already lol

Jesse O.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Ocellaris Clownfish and one orchid dottyback in a 29 gallon tank. The three of them seem to get along real well and the clowns ended up pairing. After a month I added a fire fish gobe which ended up fighting with the dottyback a lot do I had to remove him. Same thing happened with a royal gamma that I added later so I had to remove the gamma as well. What other fish should I add to the aquarium that would be compatible with these three? I only really want one or two more.
I agree, you could try adding the gramma and/ or the goby again and just feed a little more often to reduce aggression. Try making it to where you have enough live rock to make essentially 2 or maybe even 3 spaces where the fish cannot see each other. In my 29g, for example, I have all the live rock in the middle of the tank which leaves open area all around it. This way the fish can run away and hide from each other. I've also heard putting the fish you want in your tank-- in a separate tank and next to the main one for about a month so the fish can get used to each other.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back