Help with coral placement

aquatic_dad

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2021
Messages
56
Reaction score
22
Location
Sugar Land
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am new to reefing and being overwhelmed with the amount of info on which corals can sit next to which and what light and flow each need. Should have done a lot more thinking while I was building my scape.

I would like to have a mixed reef with softies, LPS, and eventually SPS. Here are some pics of my 32 gal tank, can someone please suggest where to put Euphyllias, Acan garden, Zoa garden, maybe some mushrooms, Duncans, etc. I know SPS will probably have to dominate the top.

All suggestions welcome, pics of your reef would also be helpful to inspire.

thank you very much in advance.

F791B176-807E-48BA-8CE6-09C00AEEC9C6.jpeg FA68A0C9-7EB2-4B30-A774-566064084AE8.jpeg FF938246-9AF5-4D3C-A7C9-7FA6E42A5037.jpeg
 
I would like to have a mixed reef with softies, LPS, and eventually SPS. Here are some pics of my 32 gal tank, can someone please suggest where to put Euphyllias, Acan garden, Zoa garden, maybe some mushrooms, Duncans, etc. I know SPS will probably have to dominate the top.
You are on the right track
Low light corals on bottom.
Softies and mushrooms generally dont like very strong flow, but they do like a lot of light.
You will just have to play with where to place them depending on your lights and powerheads
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new