Help with Duncan colony

jvaughan1355

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2023
Messages
83
Reaction score
62
Location
Asheville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help identify what’s happening with a few of my Duncan heads. Looks like some exposed skeleton and white hardening around a couple heads. See pics below thanks for the help.

IMG_3112.jpeg
 
Need some help identify what’s happening with a few of my Duncan heads. Looks like some exposed skeleton and white hardening around a couple heads. See pics below thanks for the help.

IMG_3112.jpeg
These guys are stressed and maybe due to:
Location- Mine do best at mid tank under moderate light and water flow
Temp- Assure not elevated
Feed- Best is mysis shrimp
Assure Phosphate not elevated

Here is location in tank of mine:

600g progress l.jpg
 
These guys are stressed and maybe due to:
Location- Mine do best at mid tank under moderate light and water flow
Temp- Assure not elevated
Feed- Best is mysis shrimp
Assure Phosphate not elevated

Here is location in tank of mine:

600g progress l.jpg
Yea mine typically look like that I made them shrink up for the pic purposes I guess I should’ve mentioned that, they are usually big but a few heads were staying small and I wanted to investigate more and saw the heads with the white on them. Wasn’t sure what the white part is. This is an hour after I took them out and basted some algae off of them
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 48
Yea mine typically look like that I made them shrink up for the pic purposes I guess I should’ve mentioned that, they are usually big but a few heads were staying small and I wanted to investigate more and saw the heads with the white on them. Wasn’t sure what the white part is. This is an hour after I took them out and basted some algae off of them
White film may be protective mucus found on the skeleton. Speaking of skeleton, assure calcium no less than 380 for skeletal health. Im optimistic they will return to full in the next 24-48 hours
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new