Help with flow and hammer ID please

Jvanpelt89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the flow look on these hammers? (They’ve only been in the tank an hour so the double head hasn’t opened up yet). Also some help identifying. I snagged all 3 heads for $15 total off of a bigger colony from a private display. The double head has dark purple tips and green tentacles and the single has pinkish purple tentacles with deep gold/orange tips.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.MOV
    6.8 MB

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% sure but I think that is too heavy of a flow. I have mine to where the extended polyp gently rustles in the water and it's flourishing. Your other frag looks like it has receded into its skeleton which isn't good either.

OP
OP
J

Jvanpelt89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% sure but I think that is too heavy of a flow. I have mine to where the extended polyp gently rustles in the water and it's flourishing. Your other frag looks like it has receded into its skeleton which isn't good either.

I've only had them for 2 hours, one opened pretty quick, the one that looks receded is slowly opening, it was completely within it skeleton by the time I got home. It's slowly poking tentacles out.

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense, yeah just slowly acclimate them. I'd assume it would be just like finding the right light setting, just move them slowly until they are happy.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That flow is totally fine, they can tolerate a pretty wide range a flow and will adjust. Especially if you just added them give them some time.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back