Help with ID Montipora

LoicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello i have a montipora but i dont know this name, i guess a "Poker Star".

two pictures as a same coral :)

Thank you

1652912529565.png 1652912559225.png

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montipora monasteriata would be my vote. A search on Google shows Montipora danae being often named as the species for encrusting "rainbow" style monti such as Aquaman and Poker Star, but because the verrucae are smaller and not ridge forming it's likely not a danae. Montipora monasteriata is other that pops up. Note that there are several species complexes within Montipora. I don't have the expertise to give you a definite answer as really the skeleton is the final word, but that's what I'm finding with some research.

OP
OP
LoicReef

LoicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montipora monasteriata would be my vote. A search on Google shows Montipora danae being often named as the species for encrusting "rainbow" style monti such as Aquaman and Poker Star, but because the verrucae are smaller and not ridge forming it's likely not a danae. Montipora monasteriata is other that pops up. Note that there are several species complexes within Montipora. I don't have the expertise to give you a definite answer as really the skeleton is the final word, but that's what I'm finding with some research.
Thank you for your answer that’s very interesting, that’s kind of you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back