Help with I'd?? Popping up everywhere

  • Thread starter Thread starter Justy86
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
For those who may still be interested. This is how they are tracking and how many there are. There are a heap more on the other side of the tank too.

 
Still growing. None have died as of yet.



20260810_185415.jpg

20260810_185411.jpg

20260810_185426.jpg

20260810_185420.jpg

20260810_185440.jpg

20260810_185434.jpg
 
pretty cool can you see if they have a skeleton?
Its hard to see because they never close right up and most of them are growing out of crevices. I did however murder one because it was growing pretty much under a goni and it looked like it had developed something like a skeleton but it was so small I can barely tell.
 
Finally got to see the video, wasn't working on my phone but does on the computer.

That is pretty wild. Your tank seems to be an ideal grow out system. As they get bigger I would almost be inclined to start another tank and move all the other corals to that and just from a forest of hammers.

That tank will look pretty wild in about a year!
I hate that my mind goes this way but in about 2 years that tank could help fund your hobby 1 frag at a time.
 
Finally got to see the video, wasn't working on my phone but does on the computer.

That is pretty wild. Your tank seems to be an ideal grow out system. As they get bigger I would almost be inclined to start another tank and move all the other corals to that and just from a forest of hammers.

That tank will look pretty wild in about a year!
I hate that my mind goes this way but in about 2 years that tank could help fund your hobby 1 frag at a time.
Haha, i think this tank takes up enough of my time let alone starting another one. I reckon ill try pry alot of the ones that arent where i want them off and glue them to plugs but all the ones off that side of the tank ill leave and grow out a big torch forest. They should have a good survival relate i reckon being grown in a tank from nothing.
 
I am still in the minder that this is so cool! You got a Torch farm. But I get it.

Give it a couple more months and you should have a skeleton you can break off and remove the head.
 
Hard to be certain from a photo alone, but I’d avoid disturbing or scraping it until you have a solid ID. A closer photo of the growth, especially the shape and how it attaches to the rock, would make identification much easier.
 
you mentioned early in the post you have a hammer in the tank. do / did you have a torch when these appeared?
Yeah I had and still have a torch when these popped up and its identical to these. They are definitely torches. There is just so many they are taking over. And making it hard to add other corals.
 
Yeah I had and still have a torch when these popped up and its identical to these. They are definitely torches. There is just so many they are taking over. And making it hard to add other corals.
#justreefingproblems :P

On a serious note, this is really cool (though understandably frustrating at the same time). Hopefully they grow quickly so you can get a good base to frag them from.
 
#justreefingproblems :P

On a serious note, this is really cool (though understandably frustrating at the same time). Hopefully they grow quickly so you can get a good base to frag them from.
You are right, it is cool. Even if its a little annoying it probably isn't the most common thing to happen to reefers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new