Help with ID

Aaron88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I was given a coral the other day and I’m not sure what it is. Can someone help me out please.

Thank you
21BF7443-3B59-446A-B21B-8331E5EA2016.jpeg

Nanoreefer4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goniopora, make sure you water is stable and in line, they can die easily but grow fast when happy

OP
OP
Aaron88

Aaron88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don’t want anything that is gonna eat up my rocks. Lol

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don’t want anything that is gonna eat up my rocks. Lol
All coral will take up your rocks eventually? That's what they do, grow and flourish. You can grow goniopora off the rock, it doesn't need to be on a rock. I would research before you buy any coral for their needs, growth rates and if they spread like pests similar to blue cloves, xenia, GSP.

OP
OP
Aaron88

Aaron88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All coral will take up your rocks eventually? That's what they do, grow and flourish. You can grow goniopora off the rock, it doesn't need to be on a rock. I would research before you buy any coral for their needs, growth rates and if they spread like pests similar to blue cloves, xenia, GSP.
Well when I do buy them I do do my research. But like I said before this was just given to me. And hey, if it’s free it’s for me. Lol. So I take it this coral enjoys the bottom of the tank.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well when I do buy them I do do my research. But like I said before this was just given to me. And hey, if it’s free it’s for me. Lol. So I take it this coral enjoys the bottom of the tank.
Absolutely! Goniopora are nice and the frag you have is going to be a nice colored colony.

OP
OP
Aaron88

Aaron88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well then maybe I’ll go out and buy a small rock for it to take over. I’ve been thinking about getting a rock just for some zoas.
I was thinking about getting live rock from the LFS and doing a coral dip on it before adding it to my tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back