Help with ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aaron88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aaron88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2018
Messages
230
Reaction score
59
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I was given a coral the other day and I’m not sure what it is. Can someone help me out please.

Thank you
21BF7443-3B59-446A-B21B-8331E5EA2016.jpeg
 
Goniopora, make sure you water is stable and in line, they can die easily but grow fast when happy
 
Will this coral take over my tank?
 
I just don’t want anything that is gonna eat up my rocks. Lol
 
I just don’t want anything that is gonna eat up my rocks. Lol
All coral will take up your rocks eventually? That's what they do, grow and flourish. You can grow goniopora off the rock, it doesn't need to be on a rock. I would research before you buy any coral for their needs, growth rates and if they spread like pests similar to blue cloves, xenia, GSP.
 
All coral will take up your rocks eventually? That's what they do, grow and flourish. You can grow goniopora off the rock, it doesn't need to be on a rock. I would research before you buy any coral for their needs, growth rates and if they spread like pests similar to blue cloves, xenia, GSP.
Well when I do buy them I do do my research. But like I said before this was just given to me. And hey, if it’s free it’s for me. Lol. So I take it this coral enjoys the bottom of the tank.
 
Well when I do buy them I do do my research. But like I said before this was just given to me. And hey, if it’s free it’s for me. Lol. So I take it this coral enjoys the bottom of the tank.
Absolutely! Goniopora are nice and the frag you have is going to be a nice colored colony.
 
Well then maybe I’ll go out and buy a small rock for it to take over. I’ve been thinking about getting a rock just for some zoas.
I was thinking about getting live rock from the LFS and doing a coral dip on it before adding it to my tank.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new