Help with Jax racks baffle kit

iGotJokess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m installing my baffle kit from Jax racks on my 40 gallon breeder. Everything is pretty self explanatory until it comes to the bubble trap section. How do you install the catch plate in between the 2 baffles? Mine doesn’t span the entire width of my tank but it does span the width of the feet on the last baffle. Has anything installed one of these, or are there any videos out there with a walkthrough?

OP
OP
iGotJokess

iGotJokess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I have this but in a 40b. Look them up on eBay and you can find it.

xtian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t figured something out - Measure where you will have/want your water level in the return chamber then find the center point between the water level and bottom of the tank for the rack placement and silicone it to the baffles. Silicone one baffle first then the rack, let it dry, do the next baffle. You’ll need to lay the tank on its side or something to support the rack. Poor design on that part.
There are better designed kits that have cutouts that fit into the baffles like a puzzle and you just slip it in and silicone the baffles.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t figured something out - Measure where you will have/want your water level in the return chamber then find the center point between the water level and bottom of the tank for the rack placement and silicone it to the baffles. Silicone one baffle first then the rack, let it dry, do the next baffle. You’ll need to lay the tank on its side or something to support the rack. Poor design on that part.
There are better designed kits that have cutouts that fit into the baffles like a puzzle and you just slip it in and silicone the baffles.
Hopefully that makes sense.
What others do you recommend? Have you had an acrylic one for some time? Any problems?

xtian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jax racks kits are fine. No problems with them. It was just certain kits that didn’t have the cutouts. I think his newer kits have the slot cutouts for the media tray if you really need that in there.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 64 27.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back