Help with Placement of Circ Pump?

NaClWater72756

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
1
Location
NW Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a 29g with a 350 biowheel filter (wheels and carbon filter out with cut to fit Pura pads in). This is on the rear left. On the right facing towards the left is a maxim jet circ pump. It makes a huge counterclockwise circle of the water which I like and my duncan likes but today we added our first clown and I feel like he is struggling to not be slammed into a lr so I cut it off for the night. Anyone have a better suggestion of placement or should I go with a smaller circ pump? Here's a pic attached. Thanks for any help!

Lori

ForumRunner_20121105_184636.jpg
 
Fish usually love strong flow. If they don't feel safe they will hide behind a rock or other obstruction. Just my experience though. I could be wrong of course
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new