Help with seneye reef

Christine12138

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just got a seneye today a just set up it couple hours ago.
1.The PH shows 6.4 which is impossible cuz I always had my ph about 8ish
I had soak the slide also.

2.Is my ammonia level accurate if the PH is completely wrong? No ideas with that

3. Are you guys always had it connected to the PC? I can’t really put my laptop around my tank tho… If I put the seneye usb into a plug could it still works? Can I still read the parameters via my phone?

Any help will be appreciated.
I’ll attach my seneye parameters below.

C32856F0-84A7-463D-BFB4-32FED45019DA.jpeg DA3FED32-558F-46D0-B9B9-65AF3963511A.jpeg

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a virtual usb and had mine hooked up to a Raspberry Pi

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You only have two options: or is connected to the PC, or is connected to the hub + WIFI module: https://www.seneye.com/store/seneye-web-server-wifi.html

For the readings, the instructions mention that it needs about 48 hrs before the readings are more accurate once the slide get wets. So give it time to see if it gets right.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the pH and NH3 are detected on different color pads on the slide, so one could be wrong and the other accurate. The NH3 is a direct measurement - not a pH-dependent calculation from total ammonia, so again the NH3 could be accurate.
(they could of course both be misreading, but just because the pH is off doesn't mean the NH3 has to be wrong)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christine I never responded because I'm watching how peers troubleshoot the mechanism. I don't have any practice on that aspect; the reason I'm mentioning seneye daily in posts for years has to do with what calibrated, running units show on running reef tanks (which is usually right in the range you're posting btw)

-the consistency in ammonia control that reef displays on seneye show also applies to tanks that do not use seneye, that's the heart of my posts.

I don't have any experience troubleshooting them or setting them up.

OP
OP
C

Christine12138

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the pH and NH3 are detected on different color pads on the slide, so one could be wrong and the other accurate. The NH3 is a direct measurement - not a pH-dependent calculation from total ammonia, so again the NH3 could be accurate.
(they could of course both be misreading, but just because the pH is off doesn't mean the NH3 has to be wrong)
The PH was just accurate after couple hours I think it should be fine now. Thanks!

Back