Help with Skimmer overflowing with bubbles

Andrew Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My skimmer has been overflowing with foamy white bubbles ever since I added Seachem Stress Guard to my reef tank. I added the Stress Guard to heal a couple of wounds on my purple tang, and fortunately that worked. But I didn't think I would end up with the bubble apocalypse in my skimmer.

Here's what I've done to try to fix the issue over the last week:

1. Did a 15% water change.
2. Added Red Sea Carbon to my sump.
3. Put egg crate between the skimmer body and cup to help skim out any remaining stress guard.

Can anybody help me fix the issue? Pretty tired of my tank looking like a bubbly mess.

Thank you,

Andrew

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My skimmer has been overflowing with foamy white bubbles ever since I added Seachem Stress Guard to my reef tank. I added the Stress Guard to heal a couple of wounds on my purple tang, and fortunately that worked. But I didn't think I would end up with the bubble apocalypse in my skimmer.

Here's what I've done to try to fix the issue over the last week:

1. Did a 15% water change.
2. Added Red Sea Carbon to my sump.
3. Put egg crate between the skimmer body and cup to help skim out any remaining stress guard.

Can anybody help me fix the issue? Pretty tired of my tank looking like a bubbly mess.

Thank you,

Andrew
I would just continue to add and replace carbon and do water changes. That should take out anything that remains over time.

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quickest way would probably be to let your skimmer overflow into a bucket till the ssg is exhausted. Just have some fresh saltwater ready to replace as needed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back