Help with stocking list 108Gal

adjwoolley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current stock:

1. Clarkii Clown (fairly large, hosted by a small nem)
2. Firefish
3. Squarespot Anthia female
4. (3) tiny green chromis

Future:

1. I would like to add a Clarkii Clown mate (unsure how this will go if I can only find a small one)

2. (2) tangs if I can. Need help on this one. Tank is a Reefer 525xl which is 108g & 59" long.
I like the beauty of powder blue, yellow tang doesn't get me too excited, & blue tang scares me because they easily get sick.
Suggestions?

3. 1 or 2 more Anthias - I like the sound of Lyretail because they are active & help bring out the other fish.

4. 1 or 2 wrasses - Nothing expensive (well over $100) but looking for some really awesome colors with these fish. Suggestions?

5. Something to sift sand. Diamond watchman goby?

6. Lastly if I can swing this (small & introduces last) I would love to get a Harlequin Tusk!

I'm setting up a 20g quarantine, I just need to solidify my list & figure out which order to introduce.

Thanks for any input!

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your dimensions?

Clarki clowns can be pretty mean to new introductions, so I would definitely use an acclimation box once they are out of quarantine. I think a smaller Clarki would actually work better, because your current Clarki is most certainly female, and the male needs to be smaller and less dominant.

I love diamond watchman gobies, but they have shorter lifespans (3 years or so.)

The fairy and Flasher wrasses are a good source of color, although I would look for @evolved 's article on pairing wrasses https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/p...-any-of-this-works.258310/page-4#post-5682052 for suggestions there.

I think the two clowns and a tang would probably not get along depending on the dimensions of your tank, but I will let others chime in on that.

OP
OP
adjwoolley

adjwoolley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your dimensions?

Clarki clowns can be pretty mean to new introductions, so I would definitely use an acclimation box once they are out of quarantine. I think a smaller Clarki would actually work better, because your current Clarki is most certainly female, and the male needs to be smaller and less dominant.

I love diamond watchman gobies, but they have shorter lifespans (3 years or so.)

The fairy and Flasher wrasses are a good source of color, although I would look for @evolved 's article on pairing wrasses https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/p...-any-of-this-works.258310/page-4#post-5682052 for suggestions there.

I think the two clowns and a tang would probably not get along depending on the dimensions of your tank, but I will let others chime in on that.

Thanks for the input. I'm hoping a mate will help the Clarkii chill out.

Dimensions: 59" L x 22.6" wide x 22" tall. Almost 5' x 2' x 2'

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back