Help with Transfering GHL P4 Settings to New Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking through all the threads...GHL P4 has changed quite a bit! I initially had to set it up using a Computer with Windows installed. The computer I used crashed and I can't access it any longer!

Question...How do I transfer these settings from my P4 to a new laptop without losing all my current settings? Or, do I need to even use a laptop any longer for this function? It appears that people are setting up their P4s with only a cell phone app now???

I was never able to connect my system to myGHL through my home's internet connection due to poor wifi in my basement. I installed a mesh-system which now improves connectivity in the basement for other wifi items, so suspect I can use it for my profilux now as well...just haven't tried yet.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Install GCC, login to P4, export / backup the settings (as you would with firmware updates), should be fine.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The settings are saved in the Profilux. Doesn’t matter if you log onto the Profilux via Computer, MyGHL or tablet and app.

If you want to log on to your Profilux with your Laptop install GCC plug in via USB and set up the new connection.

You can use your new computer to make fresh back ups of the settings as Kyl says.

OP
OP
Idoc

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The settings are saved in the Profilux. Doesn’t matter if you log onto the Profilux via Computer, MyGHL or tablet and app.

If you want to log on to your Profilux with your Laptop install GCC plug in via USB and set up the new connection.

You can use your new computer to make fresh back ups of the settings as Kyl says.

If I want to get away from using the PC, can I now do everything from my phone or tablet?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I want to get away from using the PC, can I now do everything from my phone or tablet?
Yes, however I prefer the computer interface over the Iphone or Ipad that I have.

Keep in mind that through WIFI you can set things up to control your unit anyway you want. I connect GCC via wifi and can make changes on any computer in my house.
And of course you can also connect through myghl too.
lots of options.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the only way to backup and restore your settings is through GCC. I don't think that functionality exist on myGHL, App or Web Server yet.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back