Help woth ID

D. Torres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please watch the whole video. I tried to the best of my ability to capture whatever this is. There's about a dozen that I can see on my glass. Coral all seem fine. I only have several zoa frags, 6 rock flower nems, 1 BTA, 2 acan frags. Can someone help ID and let me know if I should be concerned.

Attachments

• 20201130_165459.mp4
    53.9 MB

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please watch the whole video. I tried to the best of my ability to capture whatever this is. There's about a dozen that I can see on my glass. Coral all seem fine. I only have several zoa frags, 6 rock flower nems, 1 BTA, 2 acan frags. Can someone help ID and let me know if I should be concerned.
Can’t see video. Couple pics?

OP
OP
D. Torres

D. Torres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It moves in the direction of the little white dot and it has like a split tail.

Attachments

• 20201130_170706.jpg
    20201130_170706.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 40

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I was going to say amphipod, but maybe a sort of flatworm (no legs). If everything seems fine, you can try removing them, but I wouldn’t worry too much about them, unless it becomes an Infestation.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Acoel flatworm. Although not a killer, can be problematic as they multiply quickly in numbers and will smother coral starving it from light for valueable zooanthele.
Siphon as many as you can daily and LOOK DAILY for presence of eggs.
Wrasses such as 6 lined, lunare or melanurus should eat these. Salifert Flatworm stop will also kill them BUT you must siphon the dead ones daily as they can release toxins once dead.

OP
OP
D. Torres

D. Torres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to introduce any new fish to the aquarium. It's a 20g AIO. I'll try and siphon with a small airline hose because I don't have much water volume to work with. If I remove them daily would flatworm stop actually eradicate them. I know they can be dangerous of they all die off but luckily I feel like there's not that many right now. What do you guys think of going straight to flatworm treatment? Would it be too much for a 20g to handle?

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Acoels aren't that big a deal. They sometimes multiply a bit when the tank is new, but usually go back to reasonable levels on their own, and may even die out almost completely. If you just have a scattering of them, and continue to just have a scattering of them, leave them alone.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back