Help!

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just started my aquarium last weekend and today I noticed something growing out of my live rock, picture attached any help?

IMG_1636.JPG

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1635.JPG
Thank you! I'm excited to be apart of the group. I have been wanting to start a saltwater aquarium for a long time. I'm learning there is a lot that goes into it!

anthonys51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also when you put rock msybe spaces in between them so water can flow. It helps stop dead spots You might also want to add a powerhead. Most corals appreciate some flow. The return pump normally isn't enough

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also when you put rock msybe spaces in between them so water can flow. It helps stop dead spots You might also want to add a powerhead. Most corals appreciate some flow. The return pump normally isn't enough
Thank you, I'm going back to the local shop tomorrow. Any recommendations on what I should look for? The aquarium has only Been running for a week but the shop owner was saying the water tested great and too add coral?

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reefing. That is the amazing thing about salt water tanks. New life and creatures always seem to show up even when you do not add them.
Thank you! And yes it really is, I'm looking forward to see what's to come.

anthonys51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'm going back to the local shop tomorrow. Any recommendations on what I should look for? The aquarium has only Been running for a week but the shop owner was saying the water tested great and too add coral?

A week and you added a fish already. I wouldn't listen to the lfs. Sometimes they only want a sale. Did you add and cuc such as snails

Also you can add a few soft corals
Maybe Gsp a few mushrooms. I wouldn't add anymore fish until 6 months.

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week and you added a fish already. I wouldn't listen to the lfs. Sometimes they only want a sale. Did you add and cuc such as snails

Also you can add a few soft corals
Maybe Gsp a few mushrooms. I wouldn't add anymore fish until 6 months.
Yes, the owner of the store gave me the water out of his tanks and the live rock, he said that the Chromis would be good to help the tank. And yes he gave me 4 snails and 4 crabs.

Fish Werx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank has only been running a week Id definitely take it easy on adding anything at the moment. Give it a couple months at least before any coral are introduced. Better to wait longer in most cases. I know its hard, especially when the LFS is telling you to add things. But check out the threads on new builds and see how long these guys that have been doing this for years are waiting. It will be better in the end, I promise.
And welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank has only been running a week Id definitely take it easy on adding anything at the moment. Give it a couple months at least before any coral are introduced. Better to wait longer in most cases. I know its hard, especially when the LFS is telling you to add things. But check out the threads on new builds and see how long these guyst aht have been doing this for years are waiting. It will be better in the end, I promise.
And welcome to the forum!
Thank you! I'm glad to be here, I'd much rather have more feedback and opinions than one guy trying to sell me things.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 79 47.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back