HELP

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fluval aqua plus water conditioner is that the same thing?
No they are not the same. Conditioner takes care of your chlorine etc from tap water. Prime does all that and also bonds ammonia.
Which corals do you have other than Duncan. One good thing is, Duncan is a indicator coral. If they dont like something in the water quality, they will show that by closing up.

What do you mean by when corals die to they close up? Are you referring to a specific one in your system, its difficult to say how they die without knowing which one.
For example, say LPS coral like frog spawn wont like too much flow and they close up. If we dont move them from that flow, their tissue will separate from the skeleton and die. So it depends.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Btw nitrates are reading at about 40 now, I also have 32 lbs of LR so a 10g wc is probably 40 ish percent maybe more
We are not worried because of your NO3 its your ammonia. If you are going to LFS then grab one prime from there.

OP
OP
T

Trevyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they are not the same. Conditioner takes care of your chlorine etc from tap water. Prime does all that and also bonds ammonia.
Which corals do you have other than Duncan. One good thing is, Duncan is a indicator coral. If they dont like something in the water quality, they will show that by closing up.

What do you mean by when corals die to they close up? Are you referring to a specific one in your system, its difficult to say how they die without knowing which one.
For example, say LPS coral like frog spawn wont like too much flow and they close up. If we dont move them from that flow, their tissue will separate from the skeleton and die. So it depends.
Oh okay so my params are good then noting that my Duncan is fully open, all my params were perfect 14 hrs ago btw and I just did a 10g wc last night before adding the Duncan and he’s been open, closed when I shut the lights off adding some new critters but seems to be doing fine

OP
OP
T

Trevyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw you said ammonia was 0.5ppm today morning...:confused::confused:
Yeah that was the api test, every time I’ve ever read it from that master kit the color looks like .5 take it to the lfs same day almost every day they say my waters perfect, saw something about how api liquid test gives the wrong color or false positives all the time, anyways 14 hours ago lfs said it was perfect, also the wc would only help the ammonia anyways right?

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah so I tested against the tap and it’s at 0.50ppm, what do I do?
If your tap is reading ammonia that usually is an indication your water is treated with chloramine.

Not sure about your particular conditioner but not all conditioners are not created equal. I have always used prime.

Some conditioners recommend an elevated dose for chloramine

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back