HELP

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So earlier today I made a thread about half of my majestic angels tail being bitten off and the other part in front of my jawfishies cave now the majestic is trying to bite my filefishies tail the tank is 1 year old my majestic has been in the tank for 4 months everyone else is very happy there is a bicolor parrotfish, orange spotted filefish, pair of clowns, Lineatus fairy wrasse, blue spotted jawfish, royal gramma, and majestic angel in the tank i got the lineatus and the jawfish and the gramma a week ago I am stumped levels are great I can rule out stress because everyone is eating and picking off the rocks and sand what could this be could a fish could have bitten the angel because it was bullying them or another fish the angel is the king of the tank pics coming asap

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm. Sounds like aggression isn’t due to food scarcity. Let’s see what others have to contribute.

In the meantime, do you own an acclimation box? If so, perhaps putting your angel in there for a few days would help it heal and you could observe and see if any other fish are aggressive?

DaFeesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm. Sounds like aggression isn’t due to food scarcity. Let’s see what others have to contribute.

In the meantime, do you own an acclimation box? If so, perhaps putting your angel in there for a few days would help it heal and you could observe and see if any other fish are aggressive?
I use a little animal carrying cage (plastic), like the ones that people would use to carry a reptile to and from their terrarium. It has slits at the top so water passes through it. It is about 10 bucks, and they're common at big pet stores. Maybe he should get one of those.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a little animal carrying cage (plastic), like the ones that people would use to carry a reptile to and from their terrarium. It has slits at the top so water passes through it. It is about 10 bucks, and they're common at big pet stores. Maybe he should get one of those.

not a bad idea!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back