OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many gallons? Fritz 900 is the fastest stuff and you can buy it to treat up to 3200 gallons

problem is i dont have it in my area at all
but like i would be able to add a ton of fish even after a 2-3 week cycle right

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you can't buy bacteria, can you buy established live rock?

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 79

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like adding a ton of fish to a new tank is a good way to lose them all to velvet. :confused:

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So whats the problem? Did the rock have die off or something? Was it shipped?
no i am just worried if i was to add a huge amount of fish ( lionfish- banded shark- eels- tangs- boxfish ( separate tank but same water from the pond) (they would die

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no i am just worried if i was to add a huge amount of fish ( lionfish- banded shark- eels- tangs- boxfish ( separate tank but same water from the pond) (they would die

So is the tank cycled or not?

If it is cycled then... just make a bunch of water to have ready for water changes and buy some seachem prime as a precaution.

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like adding a ton of fish to a new tank is a good way to lose them all to velvet. :confused:
There is no doubt about this. And if not velvet, even a well cycled tank will have a hard time keeping up with that much bio load all at once. And these are not little dinky fish. They are larger, higher demanding, higher waste producing fish. I don’t want to be negative but I feel you were very irresponsible in this process. Patience is the key to success. Slow and steady is the key to success. Ordering a bunch of fish that were plucked from the ocean only to not be ready for them is not the key to success. Honestly it’s upsetting.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the tank cycled or not?

If it is cycled then... just make a bunch of water to have ready for water changes and buy some seachem prime as a precaution.
ive just set it a week ago and added one damsel to help cycle and my order will arrive maybe a week or half somthing like this

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive just set it a week ago and added one damsel to help cycle and my order will arrive maybe a week or half somthing like this

Ya you didnt answer if it was cycled or not. If the rock was live and kept wet then... it will cycle faster.

So did you not test or what?

But even if you don't have ammonia problems, they may get sick. New tanks + lots of new fish = stressed sick fish a lot of times.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no doubt about this. And if not velvet, even a well cycled tank will have a hard time keeping up with that much bio load all at once. And these are not little dinky fish. They are larger, higher demanding, higher waste producing fish. I don’t want to be negative but I feel you were very irresponsible in this process. Patience is the key to success. Slow and steady is the key to success. Ordering a bunch of fish that were plucked from the ocean only to not be ready for them is not the key to success. Honestly it’s upsetting.
i know and thats why i came here for help if i didnt care i wouldn't be so worried i made a mistake just like anyone would ,got excited when seeing them and then started to get worried about losing them due to my horrible idea, so what should you guys recommend me to do even if the tank was cycled and ready how would i be able to add all these fish in it wouldn't be possible?

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya you didnt answer if it was cycled or not. If the rock was live and kept wet then... it will cycle faster.

So did you not test or what?

But even if you don't have ammonia problems, they may get sick. New tanks + lots of new fish = stressed sick fish a lot of times.
no its not cycled its just been set up a week ago added live rock and live benefital bacteria and i did test nothing just a little anomia that was gone after 2 days

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no its not cycled its just been set up a week ago added live rock and live benefital bacteria and i did test nothing just a little anomia that was gone after 2 days

So if the ammonia is gone, why are you saying it is not cycled?

When ammonia drops to 0 and you have detectible nitrates, the cycle is done.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back