HELPPPP

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious where you ordered from with the location being Kuwait. Everything is taking forever these days so that’s why there’s surprise at these actually arriving within 10 days. I was going to suggest getting some local live rock too but that’s been mentioned.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my questions:

What kind of rock did you add to the pond and how much (was it true live rock, or dry rock). If the tank is 360-400 gallons, you need a bare minimum of 200lbs of rock (I would recommend closer to 1lb per gallon or 0.45 kilos per gallon). Real live rock is vastly superior to dry rock, especially if you want to cycle a tank quickly.

Have you been testing the water and tracking how much ammonia the pond has been able to process? Can you test ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate daily to gauge whether or not the tank is processing ammo

Do you have lots of extra saltwater on hand so that you can do big water changes in the event of an ammonia spike?

Do you have or can you get some Prime to neutralize ammonia should you get a spike that isn’t controlled by water changes?

And lastly, why won’t the retailer let you postpone? Have you explained that the tank is not ready and that they will potentially die?

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious where you ordered from with the location being Kuwait. Everything is taking forever these days so that’s why there’s surprise at these actually arriving within 10 days. I was going to suggest getting some local live rock too but that’s been mentioned.
not everything goes as planned

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come when clicking page 1 or page 5 there's no pic of this setup

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay thankyou very much
but wont that bring unwannted pests to the tank

Maybe but most pests won't be harmful to the fish... I mean all the fish are going to be harboring disease anyways since they were plucked from the ocean.

You said you are willing to spend 1000's. I think if you get a ton of rock and a sump + skimmer + reactor & carbon/PO4 remover + UV + some more holding tanks + a bunch of meds like hannah copper checker + coppersafe + antibiotics + prazi-pro - etc... have it all ready to go if things start to go south and fish get sick.... You stand a chance.

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unpacking Season 4 GIF by The Good Place

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back