HELPPPP

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if you plan to light the tank. Macroalgae will take up ammonia directly so that is something else you could add.

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know and thats why i came here for help if i didnt care i wouldn't be so worried i made a mistake just like anyone would ,got excited when seeing them and then started to get worried about losing them due to my horrible idea, so what should you guys recommend me to do even if the tank was cycled and ready how would i be able to add all these fish in it wouldn't be possible?
You need to get hold of beneficial bacteria in a bottle. You need to buy something that will bind ammonia in case it rises. You need to test ammonia, nitrite and nitrate often to see where you are at in the cycle. Also I don’t see rock in the holding pond. Water will not cycle if there is nothing for the bacteria to attach to. You need rock.

At this point it will be damage control to try to get them through the process, if at all possible.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so its cycled, okay but about the huge amount of fishes i ordered like will i be losing them all or is there a possible way of keeping them alive

The tank might be able to handle the fish. If the rock was good live AND NOT DEAD DRY ROCK, you will fair better.

They might all die to disease though regardless if the tank is cycled.

Like I said, buy seachem prime to detox ammonia and make a bunch of extra saltwater as a precaution. I would also buy some fish medicine...

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i
You need to get hold of beneficial bacteria in a bottle. You need to buy something that will bind ammonia in case it rises. You need to test ammonia, nitrite and nitrate often to see where you are at in the cycle. Also I don’t see rock in the holding pond. Water will not cycle if there is nothing for the bacteria to attach to. You need rock.

At this point it will be damage control to try to get them through the process, if at all possible.
the rocks are on the corners behind i have literally 40lbs of live rock that i got

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many gallons is this and what do you all have for filtration on this setup? Is that nylon webbing in the tank? I hope none of the fish are small enough to fit through the (apparent) gaps in that mesh. Is this tank polymer or some kind of material?

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank might be able to handle the fish. If the rock was good live AND NOT DEAD DRY ROCK, you will fair better.

They might all die to disease though regardless if the tank is cycled.

Like I said, buy seachem prime to detox ammonia and make a bunch of extra saltwater as a precaution. I would also buy some fish medicine...
what can i possibly do to help prevent that

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sound like a novice partner. You don’t seem to know the very basics of saltwater aquariums. If you really did order the fish and you are getting them in 9 days, please find a reputable fish store to keep them for you for a fee until you are ready for them. Otherwise they will all die.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i
How many gallons is this and what do you all have for filtration on this setup? Is that nylon webbing in the tank? I hope none of the fish are small enough to fit through the (apparent) gaps in that mesh. Is this tank polymer or some kind of material?

its approximately 400 gallons and i have 3 internal filters and a huge canister filter

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what can i possibly do to help prevent that

Treat them if disease shows up. Have various meds on hand on ready, have lots of water on hand and ready... buy brute cans or whatever to make the water.

You have a week to research the crap out of fish illness.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treat them if disease shows up. Have various meds on hand on ready, have lots of water on hand and ready... buy brute cans or whatever to make the water.
yes definitely thankyou very much
and also i have 3 box fish and i honestly dont know if i am able to put them with my longnose and copperbands and the box fish and in separate tanks i planning on putting on with the butterflys but didnt find anything on google

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are not trying to be mean or to discourage you. But you have yourself in a pickle. You are just learning to fly a Cessna and you want us to help you fly a 747. I don’t know how that is possible.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its approximately 400 gallons and i have 3 internal filters and a huge canister filter
What kind of internal filters and canister filter? What about a protein skimmer? Any carbon or GFO? What about a UV sterilizer? How often and what are you going to be changing out, cleaning and/or replacing?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back