OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are not trying to be mean or to discourage you. But you have yourself in a pickle. You are just learning to fly a Cessna and you want us to help you fly a 747. I don’t know how that is possible.
dont worry i know its stupid move and its so irritating i would be shocked to but i am here just seeking for help like i care about them and if i didnt i swear you wouldn't have me asking all these questions and being so worried it was a stupid move but now its not the time to take blames i need to accept what happened and so somthing about it then just blame myself

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of what looks to be a successful 300g saltwater pond.

They have a separate pond sump with skimmer. They started with 200 lb of rock, 300lb in the video and plan to add another 100lb. Obviously a bunch of this is in the sump area.

As you can see... you need a lot of rock (which is expensive).

They change 90g of water once a month.

I would be trying to set something up based on others success.

You will need to spend some serious cash. If you got the cash though and some time... you can make your tank more habitable.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of internal filters and canister filter? What about a protein skimmer? Any carbon or GFO? What about a UV sterilizer? How often and what are you going to be changing out, cleaning and/or replacing?
3 fluval filters
and canister is fluvalFx6 high performance

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of what looks to be a successful 300g saltwater pond.

They have a separate pond sump with skimmer. They started with 200 lb of rock, 300lb in the video and plan to add another 100lb. Obviously a bunch of this is in the sump area.

As you can see... you need a lot of rock (which is expensive).

They change 90g of water once a month.

I would be trying to set something up based on others success.

You will need to spend some serious cash. If you got the cash though and some time... you can make your tank more habitable.

yes sures sure i will look at it
thankyou so much

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned you thought the fish were coming in a couple months so were you still working on building up the pond (more live rock, etc) to handle the amount of fish you bought but now you're caught short because the fish are coming next week? If this is the case and your cycle has finished then you can probably add some of the fish but the others will probably have to be kept elsewhere until you finish building out your pond and add them slowly after this. If there is nowhere to keep them then you need to get your pond done as quickly as possible (adding live rock, etc) and get something like seachem prime to help with ammonia and be prepared to do plenty of water changes. In some cases even a system that has been fully setup can't handle a massive bioload at once without some of the inhabitants dying. Even if the fish arrived in a couple months and your pond was fully setup it might still be too much at one time.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 fluval filters
and canister is fluvalFx6 high performance
I assume these are HOB (hang-on-back) Fluval filters? I don't think these are going to be able to keep up with the requirements for a 400-gallon tank - especially considering some of the fish. You really need a separate sump, filter socks (or fleece rollers) and a large protein skimmer at a bare minimum - along with a UV sterilizer. Plus some carbon and GFO to deal with nitrates and phosphates.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is a damsel supposed to help cycle 400 gallons? Maybe I’m missing something.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned you thought the fish were coming in a couple months so were you still working on building up the pond (more live rock, etc) to handle the amount of fish you bought but now you're caught short because the fish are coming next week? If this is the case and your cycle has finished then you can probably add some of the fish but the others will probably have to be kept elsewhere until you finish building out your pond and add them slowly after this. If there is nowhere to keep them then you need to get your pond done as quickly as possible (adding live rock, etc) and get something like seachem prime to help with ammonia and be prepared to do plenty of water changes. In some cases even a system that has been fully setup can't handle a massive bioload at once without some of the inhabitants dying. Even if the fish arrived in a couple months and your pond was fully setup it might still be too much at one time.
thankyou so much literally i dont know how much to thankyou unlike most of the people here attacking me like i thought it was months but now its a week and i also i am planning on buying a new tank maybe 90 gallons 2 of them actually to not over stock the tank like i swear i am here pushing my self to the limit to make it right and not murder all these fishes i am willing to pay thousands for them to make it i hope you guys understand and thankyou so much karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thankyou so much literally i dont know how much to thankyou unlike most of the people here attacking me like i thought it was months but now its a week and i also i am planning on buying a new tank maybe 90 gallons 2 of them actually to not over stock the tank like i swear i am here pushing my self to the limit to make it right and not murder all these fishes i am willing to pay thousands for them to make it i hope you guys understand and thankyou so much karen00
Absolutely! I feel horrible for you being caught in this situation! It sounds like you were on your way to building out a great habitat but now you've been hit with fish arriving before you're ready. So sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine the stress.

If you can spread the fish out in multiple tanks that will help. Even rubbermaid tubs are an inexpensive option. You'll still have to closely monitor parameters across all holding tanks. Do you have anyone that can take some of them for you until you're setup? Especially the bigger fish. Keep up with the instant cycle bacteria if you can, make plenty of saltwater and something like seachem prime will be your best friend in this situation. It will help control ammonia and water changes to clear out nitrates because you don't want those getting out of control either.

Just take a deep breath and get organized. Make sure you test often so you can prevent issues from even starting. For the most part you're really just concerned about ammonia and nitrates at this point. I don't know your entire stock list but if you have anything that needs special care then try to get it setup in its own holding container so you can deal with its needs separately. I don't think I saw you mention coral. If you did then set them up in their own holding tank so you can get lighting set up and the additional testing/requirements they need.

Keep us updated and please ask for help if you need it. We will try to get you through this and be successful.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! I feel horrible for you being caught in this situation! It sounds like you were on your way to building out a great habitat but now you've been hit with fish arriving before you're ready. So sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine the stress.

If you can spread the fish out in multiple tanks that will help. Even rubbermaid tubs are an inexpensive option. You'll still have to closely monitor parameters across all holding tanks. Do you have anyone that can take some of them for you until you're setup? Especially the bigger fish. Keep up with the instant cycle bacteria if you can, make plenty of saltwater and something like seachem prime will be your best friend in this situation. It will help control ammonia and water changes to clear out nitrates because you don't want those getting out of control either.

Just take a deep breath and get organized. Make sure you test often so you can prevent issues from even starting. For the most part you're really just concerned about ammonia and nitrates at this point. I don't know your entire stock list but if you have anything that needs special care then try to get it setup in its own holding container so you can deal with its needs separately. I don't think I saw you mention coral. If you did then set them up in their own holding tank so you can get lighting set up and the additional testing/requirements they need.

Keep us updated and please ask for help if you need it. We will try to get you through this and be successful.
literally god bless you your such a kind white hearted women and thankyou so much literally can put it in words how much to thankyou, sadly i dont put i will try my best to separate them and not over stock cz like i honestly dont know it was supposed to be the pond and 2 90 gallon tanks and no i didnt get corals but like The fishes i was planning of putting in the pond are
1 blue spotted stingray
2 banded sharks
7 lion fish
11 eels
4 tigger fish

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay thankyou very much
but wont that bring unwannted pests to the tank
Go down to Kuwait Bay and gather 150 kilos of live rock. That will give you a decent chance at some biological filtration.

Not sure how legal that is though...

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has got to be a troll!!!
does this make you happy either say somthing helpful or just go do somthing else stop acting like a 4 year no one begged you for help there are literally hundreds of people here and tbh i wont even bother asking you why you think its a troll , get over it it happened i ordered the fish and the pool isnt totally ready you hating wont make it go faster or will stop the fishes from arriving

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fish order takes 1.5 weeks to come in. They certainly haven't shipped out to you yet. Call and cancel the order and eat the monetary loss or lose your money and fish on arrival. If the seller is a nice store they may hold them for you or refund you. Simple fix.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
literally god bless you your such a kind white hearted women and thankyou so much literally can put it in words how much to thankyou, sadly i dont put i will try my best to separate them and not over stock cz like i honestly dont know it was supposed to be the pond and 2 90 gallon tanks and no i didnt get corals but like The fishes i was planning of putting in the pond are
1 blue spotted stingray
2 banded sharks
7 lion fish
11 eels
4 tigger fish
Hopefully they're coming as juveniles (smaller in size) so you can put them in tubs if needed although you might need to house some of them in the pond regardless which isn't a bad thing if you can make sure the water stays stable.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fish order takes 1.5 weeks to come in. They certainly haven't shipped out to you yet. Call and cancel the order and eat the monetary loss or lose your money and fish on arrival. If the seller is a nice store they may hold them for you or refund you. Simple fix.
i orded them before 4 weeks but i thought i read it said i can pick a date 2 months for them to arrive little did i know it said 2-4 weeks but i got informed that it will be arriving in a week and half somthing like that

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back