HELPPPP

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello i need help asap
ive ordered a big amount of fish for my pool pond and tanks the pond i set up a week ago with a damsel and a ton of bacteria and live rock and my eels and sharks and tangs and box fish are all arriving within the next week i am going to siphon water from my pond to the new tank and i want to way to keep it healthy and dont lose the fishes please guys i tired cancel millons of time but i cant what should i do at the moment and the fish stores in my area aren't selling me there water what can i do to speed it up and also my boxfish can i keep it with my longnose butterfly and copperbands

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i ve already ser up the salt and water a week ago and already its on the cycle but i am about to add a huge amount of fish and i totally regret ordering cz i thought they would arrive in 2 months but it was actually 2 weeks

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and i did the salt and water mix fine and added rocks and seachem bacteria 80ml daily for a week and already added a damsel to help cycle but the tangs and batfish and eels and banded sharks are about to arrive in a week maybe 9days

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and i did the salt and water mix fine and added rocks and seachem bacteria 80ml daily for a week and already added a damsel to help cycle but the tangs and batfish and eels and banded sharks are about to arrive in a week maybe 9days
Thing is its not fully cycled yet and idk what to do tbh and i dont want to kill al these fishes

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i swear i am not just please if there is a way to cycle faster or it would be fine to add fishes after a 2 week cycle is fine just let me now
thankyou.
becuase i've set up tons of tanks but i usally start of with a damsel ot clownfish then slowly add but i've never had to like get a huge amount of fishes at one time

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are cycling a saltwater pond and you don't think it will be done cycling by next week which is when the fish arrive? Where are you in the cycle? Have you tested? Please provide your readings (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates).

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes
So you are cycling a saltwater pond and you don't think it will be done cycling by next week which is when the fish arrive? Where are you in the cycle? Have you tested? Please provide your readings (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates).
but honestly dont know the reading my memory but i tested a couple days after 3 days of setting it up my anomia was high a little but then when i was dosing 80ml of seachem bacteria daily for the next days it was gone

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Provided you have the saltwater, you should be able to insta-cycle the tank with something like Bio-Spira. I have no idea how large your tank is, so you'd probably need a lot. It would probably help to post some images or at least dimensions (size) of the tank.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seachem bacteria

How many gallons? Fritz 900 is the fastest stuff and you can buy it to treat up to 3200 gallons

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Provided you have the saltwater, you should be able to insta-cycle the tank with something like Bio-Spira. I have no idea how large your tank is, so you'd probably need a lot. It would probably help to post some images or at least dimensions (size) of the tank.
i dont actully have bio spira in my area and would take like 2-3 weeks fot it to deliver and my pond is around 360 gallons maybe 400

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back