Herbie Plumbing

JVorhe212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of setting up a new 125g display tank with a three drain Herbie overflow from Modular Marine. I have my primary drain flowing to my fleece roller and the emergency drain dropping directly into my pump chamber with and air gap so I will hear audible splashing and see bubbles in the display from the return pumps.

But I am not sure where to drop in the secondary drain… do I drop this into my Skimmer chamber or would it be alright to drop this into my Fuge? I know the flow is minimal to none on the secondary drain so my fuge is also currently fed from a T on my secondary return pump.

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 drain Herbie? Isn't that a 'Bean Animal' then?? Either way, if it's an emergency drain, you should be good dropping it wherever seems easiest. My emergency drain drops into my skimmer section.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 3 drain is a Bean Animal design, Herbie is a 2 drain system.
IF the primary clogs the secondary will take over.
I would put it where full flow would not be an issue.

OP
OP
J

JVorhe212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 drain Herbie? Isn't that a 'Bean Animal' then?? Either way, if it's an emergency drain, you should be good dropping it wherever seems easiest. My emergency drain drops into my skimmer section.
Yes, sorry I miss spoke. This tank is running the bean animal. But thank you.

OP
OP
J

JVorhe212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sense on placing it where the full flow through the secondary could be handled. I’m thinking I may drop the line either next to my roller or into my return pump chamber.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sense on placing it where the full flow through the secondary could be handled. I’m thinking I may drop the line either next to my roller or into my return pump chamber.
Here is mine. As mentioned, I dropped the secondary near the roller mat and plan to add a hang on filter sock just to catch anything.
2841C27A-0886-4DC4-9721-FFBE37D3AB87.jpeg

Back