Here it is! Fenbendazole use against hydroids

James7733

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like fan worms which breed A asexually and cover almost everything in the tank.

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tested the fenbendazol packets from amazon yet? I've got a rock almost covered with colonial hydroids and I can't pull it out to scrub.
Have not tested the packets yet
If you are thinking of using fenbendazol please be careful as there is a lot of preparation needed to avoid losses.

Nick.B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not tested the packets yet
If you are thinking of using fenbendazol please be careful as there is a lot of preparation needed to avoid losses.

Yes, I wasn't going to use it on my tank first. I was hoping you had tried it so I didn't nuke my tank.

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I wasn't going to use it on my tank first. I was hoping you had tried it so I didn't nuke my tank.
Waiting for it to show up.
From there I can give proper dosing cause it may be a different strength than what I make.
Hope to have it soon!

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any news?
Hi and thank you for asking!
This has excited me for sure. No more separating the fenbendazol from the "other chemicals"
Also I am able to treat tanks at half the cost.
I still have to crush it but at least I can take the step out of separating.
Just fantastic for the aquarium industry :)

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@twilliard ............ Are these hydroids? I have a couple different pics. This first couple, I can't even see with the naked eye, I just happened to focus on it with my macro lens and I'm like WT... is that?? Looks like its hanging off the skirt of the left most polyp...

IMG_6713.JPG

IMG_6714.JPG

Then I also noticed these which I thought were hydroids. About a year ago I found some like this and glued over them. Never saw anymore again until now. I glued over them right away. In this pic, just to the left of the polyps...

IMG_6744.JPG

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the local feed store has horse and goat safeguard, same ingredient only it is a paste so no crushing needed and it probably dissolves better, would it work the same?

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are able to post a picture I would like to confirm the type of hydroid you are dealing with
Beadlocked

beadlocked450r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so what i do is mix up some kalk paste so it will flow through an aptasia syringe and inject it into the opening if i can get to it. This works for the ones i can see. You will see the paste in them because i went through last night. They seem to be getting worse by the day!

20151224_110612.jpg

20151224_110553.jpg

20151224_110538.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back