Herman, BW, or regular rose?

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: Sorry for the typo in the headline, Sherman not Herman is what I'm after.

This nem is a foot across and for sale for $250 from So Cal Aquafarms. They are calling it a rose, but looks kind of like a BW minus the webbing. I have a BW, but I'm hoping to find a true deep red rose/green or true Sherman, since most "red roses" turn out being orange. They also have ones labeled as red rose. Its the second picture. What are the odds I just end up with another plain orange rainbow BTA? That has happened to me before.

I have yet to find a true red rose or Sherman locally or see one in person, but I'm up to my elbows in rainbows lol.

1626046306440.png

1626046344597.png

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ask for pics in white light without filters/lenses. Those look like a Kardashian photo.

OP
OP
ClownWrangler

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture looks like a true Sherman

Thanks. I was hoping for that. I wonder why they are calling it a rose. Do you think its worth the price? I don't need a 1 ft anemone, but I can make room for it. Maybe it will split and I can sell half. What about the second one. Trick photography, or do you think I will receive a nice cherry red and green nem?

OP
OP
ClownWrangler

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ask for pics in white light without filters/lenses. Those look like a Kardashian photo.

I always suspect that on ebay, but for the first one, there is a less red nem that looks like a regular rainbow rose behind it which contrasts it. I'll ask for white light photos.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I was hoping for that. I wonder why they are calling it a rose. Do you think its worth the price? I don't need a 1 ft anemone, but I can make room for it. Maybe it will split and I can sell half. What about the second one. Trick photography, or do you think I will receive a nice cherry red and green nem?
Like @Jekyl said I would definitely ask for pics in white. And it’s a pretty good price for a 1’ nem
As for the rainbows I doubt they look like that in person mostly they use edited pictures

OP
OP
ClownWrangler

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like @Jekyl said I would definitely ask for pics in white. And it’s a pretty good price for a 1’ nem
As for the rainbows I doubt they look like that in person mostly they use edited pictures

Thanks. Do cherry red BTAs like the second picture even exist without photo editing? That's probably the better question.

OP
OP
ClownWrangler

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO no, Just sounds like another fancy name for rainbow bubble tips.

I think what I seek does exist. A guy mentioned it at my LFS and I looked it up, but it seems rare. The "Bloody mary" BTA. Or is it just another mythical creature?

1626073007204.png

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Sherman will have no green I’m pretty sure. If it has green it’s another type of morph

Back