Hermesfansf's 450 Tank

hermesfansf

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
814
Reaction score
11
Location
CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to start up this thread to share with other reefers.

Here is the Configuration:

450 gallon Truvu fish tank with central built-in overflow
200 gallon sump with 5 chambers
2 vortex MP60W
2 Tunze 6001
H&S Protein Skimmer
GFO reactor
Carbon Reactor
Aqua UV sterilizer
Deltec Calcium Reactor
Reeflo Gold Dart Pump

The tank has been running for about 4 months. 1-2 times 10% water change every week. Currently there is only 2 cleaner shrimps and 1 hermit crab inside the tank. I will add 2 more cleaner shrimps and 50 snails soon.

These are the 3 structures of the live rocks. Not very happy with the third structures. Hurt my back while i was working on them, so have to put it on hold. I put some live rocks with purple algae from my other tank on the tonga slab just to propagate the purple algae. I have used Tonga Slabs and branches, Pukani, and also Fiji Premium live rocks.

rock1.jpg
rock2.jpg
rock3.jpg


Lighting: LED, mostly probably 8 AL SOL.
 
Looking good so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
 
Wow can't wait!
 
I am having problems setting up Tunze ATO. Apparently, the user manual is not very user friendly. Now i am stuck!!!! Please help.
 
Lookin' forward to seeing how it comes along!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new