OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the COR 20 pump in yesterday and got confirmation that both the rocks and skimmer have shipped! Next week, we should be getting water in this awesome tank.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kinda of a big dude and the smaller sump was proving difficult to work in, so I decided to get a triton style sump for this system as well. I love using a refugium to control nutrients and provide a place for pods etc to grow. I'm gonna get the Synergy Reef TS-26 a try with a few edits. The order volume means it'll take a month for it to get here. I expect to use the sump that came with it for the initial cycle, then move to the TS-26 when it gets here.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along nicely!!! I've been eye balling that sump since you mentioned it to me a few weeks back. I just don't know that I went to spend the time to swap out my current sump. I'll see how your install goes first! haha

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along nicely!!! I've been eye balling that sump since you mentioned it to me a few weeks back. I just don't know that I went to spend the time to swap out my current sump. I'll see how your install goes first! haha
In your case you’d have to move your ATO water reservoir as well since it’s 26 inches

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kinda of a big dude and the smaller sump was proving difficult to work in, so I decided to get a triton style sump for this system as well. I love using a refugium to control nutrients and provide a place for pods etc to grow. I'm gonna get the Synergy Reef TS-26 a try with a few edits. The order volume means it'll take a month for it to get here. I expect to use the sump that came with it for the initial cycle, then move to the TS-26 when it gets here.
Whoaa dude!! I ordered a Synergy TS-26 on Jan. 19!! I ordered the Fusion Green without the probe holders. I have an Apex probe holder and I also figure with a fixed built-in holder, if the probes are bumped they could be damaged as with the magnet holder, it will give way when the probes are bumped. Did you order any alterations? I didn't know they were that far behind, how did you find out? When I ordered the site said 3 week production time or something like that. Keep us posted!!

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoaa dude!! I ordered a Synergy TS-26 on Jan. 19!! I ordered the Fusion Green without the probe holders. I have an Apex probe holder and I also figure with a fixed built-in holder, if the probes are bumped they could be damaged as with the magnet holder, it will give way when the probes are bumped. Did you order any alterations? I didn't know they were that far behind, how did you find out? When I ordered the site said 3 week production time or something like that. Keep us posted!!
So this is Synergy's busy season, and I was emailing them about the order to get some guidance. I got my return bulkhead changed to a 1" because that's how I do my plumbing and no probe holder. I got mine in white and storm cloud. From their website as where there is this:
*****These sumps are built to order and may take 2-3 Weeks for shipment.***** During High Volume Months (November – March) Build time may be longer. Please contact us is you have any questions.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Busy day today with the rock arriving. I had gotten the MarcoRocks ShelfScape 60. It came packed like fine china every piece arrived intact and looking good. I mean it was absolutely insanely well packed. Here are a few pictures.

MVIMG_20180123_161403.jpg
MVIMG_20180123_161833.jpg

The kit has some bases cut nice for footing and stacking.
MVIMG_20180123_182934.jpg

And it also has some really lovely shelf pieces shown here.
MVIMG_20180123_182938.jpg

Again it arrived in absolutely perfect shape and I can't wait to put them together this week.

With the rock on hand, I turned my attention to getting my COR20 plumbed in. Here are few pictures of that coming together. I'm going to use the stock sump until the synergy reef shows up. I did the plumbing so hopefully, all I need to do is add an extension between the two halves of the union.
IMG_20180123_195135.jpg

MVIMG_20180123_195144.jpg

MVIMG_20180123_195154.jpg

So... a little aquascaping, and I can get this tank wet! But that's for another day.

MVIMG_20180123_195149.jpg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is Synergy's busy season, and I was emailing them about the order to get some guidance. I got my return bulkhead changed to a 1" because that's how I do my plumbing and no probe holder. I got mine in white and storm cloud. From their website as where there is this:
*****These sumps are built to order and may take 2-3 Weeks for shipment.***** During High Volume Months (November – March) Build time may be longer. Please contact us is you have any questions.
You got me thinking about that return bulkhead. My return is a COR 15 and I'm running a 1" Apex flow sensor off it, so I should go with a 1" bulkhead as well. I'm excited to go with the Triton Method. I wanted to do a proprietary methodology and almost went with Zeovit but with all those little bottles and pumping the reactor twice a day? That's for the birds. BTW, what color's storm cloud?

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got me thinking about that return bulkhead. My return is a COR 15 and I'm running a 1" Apex flow sensor off it, so I should go with a 1" bulkhead as well. I'm excited to go with the Triton Method. I wanted to do a proprietary methodology and almost went with Zeovit but with all those little bottles and pumping the reactor twice a day? That's for the birds. BTW, what color's storm cloud?

TS-26-Storm-Cloud.jpg

That's the storm cloud color

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool beans!! What's that shelf with the rectangle holes in the refugium section?
It helps hold the chaeto in that section and stops it from going over the baffle into the sump I believe.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It helps hold the chaeto in that section and stops it from going over the baffle into the sump I believe.
Hmm.. makes sense. I emailed Synergy about changing my return bulkhead to a 1 inch. Did your alterations cost you extra? How soon did you hear back from them?

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm.. makes sense. I emailed Synergy about changing my return bulkhead to a 1 inch. Did your alterations cost you extra? How soon did you hear back from them?
No extra charge that I saw I heard back from them later the same day.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phillip who designed the aquascape in my other tank swung by and after some trial and error we landed on
MVIMG_20180124_172130.jpg

Now to get it all epoxyed/mortared up. Phillip just zen stacks all this stuff

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phillip who designed the aquascape in my other tank swing by and after some trial and error we landed on
MVIMG_20180124_172130.jpg

Now to get it all epoxyed/mortared up. Phillip just zen stacks all this stuff
I like it.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got all the rock epoxied together and in the tank! Tomorrow this bad boy is getting wet!
IMG_20180125_200940.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back