Hey! Canadian here saying hello!

Joe Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, first off, great community with such an amazing library of knowledge, thanks for that! Been able to enjoy learning from everyone here over the past 3 years since I've joined the hobby.

I'm running a 150 G 3rd hand tank with a 40 G sump, loving everything about it. Mainly a softie and LPS dominant tank.

2nd tank is a 30 G low boy that slowly being converted over to an SPS dominant tank after finally picking up a professional PAR meter. ( That was probably the best investment yet... no point chasing issues with money if I can't accurately test my lighting on the regular as tanks change. )

I love watching tiny things grow, everything from the smallest zoa or mushroom slice to tigriopus pods, rotifers and single celled phytoplankton.

Ended up starting a business called Reef Solutions up here in Canada to supply some local shops and sell direct to Canadians. Been running that as a part time gig for little over a year now and have found it as rewarding as the 2 tanks. ( Sometimes more so! ) Best part is having an excuse to meet fellow reefers and help them with their tanks or go talk shop at the local retailers during product drop offs.

I'm sure I could spend all day on here but will leave it at that for now. Big thanks to Chad from Reef Nutrition, his passion on these forums have helped inspire me to get into culturing. Definitely would enjoy shaking his hand one day.

Thanks and looking forward to a long journey on this forum!

Cheers!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow canucker! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

welcome.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Joe Kennedy

Joe Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I found your site literally 5 minutes ago, I just made an order for some cultures! It's so hard to get stuff up here in Canada so I'm always excited when new things pop up
I found the same problem! Hence why I figured I'd try to fill that gap. Happy to help any way I can, even with the order you just made!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back