Hey everyone - Rookie here

Sidney O'Pry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I'm a total rookie at saltwater tanks but just jumped in with both feet. Started a tank a couple of days ago with the help of someone who's been in the business for 30 years. Still nervous but excited to begin this adventure. I already have a few questions so I'm glad to be in a forum with friendly folks. (I hate research. lol)
I'm old school and I remember things better by hearing them instead of looking them up. Hopefully there are videos out there too that can help someone like me.
Looking forward to getting to know some of you. Let the fun begin.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
hqdefault.jpg

We have an abundance of friendly people here with centuries worth of knowledge that were all excited to share with you :) #WelcometoR2R

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

Everything you need is right here!

And since you asked if there are videos: search for BRSTV on youtube, grab a cold one or 10, and make sure your battery is charged[emoji6]

Last edited:

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Welcome to the forum where you will find tons of really nice professional people. There is a ton of experience and knowledge on here, so by all means ask us anything. We hope to hear and see pictures of your new and up and coming reef.

Please feel free to ask any questions, we are always willing to help. I have had tons of help on here and it’s always the best.

Sincerely
Sarah

OP
OP
Sidney O'Pry

Sidney O'Pry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R! Feel free to ask away!
I just had our first tank set up Monday. It's 150 gallon with sump. There is a great deal of foam that has made about a 2 inch layer on all the water in the sump. Will that go away? Is it most likely from debris in the sand?

OP
OP
Sidney O'Pry

Sidney O'Pry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Welcome to the forum where you will find tons of really nice professional people. There is a ton of experience and knowledge on here, so by all means ask us anything. We hope to hear and see pictures of your new and up and coming reef.

Please feel free to ask any questions, we are always willing to help. I have had tons of help on here and it’s always the best.

Sincerely
Sarah
Thanks so much. I just had my first tank set up on Monday. It's 150 gallons with a sump. The water looks great right now but I have a great deal of foam that has created about a 2 inch layer on all the water in the sump. I don't know if that's normal on a new setup. Someone said that it could be the debris in the sand causing it. I just want to make sure that it will go away. I now have micro bubbles flowing into the tank. I'm thinking that the foam may be causing that.

OP
OP
Sidney O'Pry

Sidney O'Pry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tell us about your tank, equipment, what livestock you are considering...
I've just set up a 150 gallon tank with a sump and skimmer. I don't think I will be doing any coral except possibly soft coral. I'm wanting some butterflies, clowns, pygmy angels, maybe some star fish, fire shrimp and possibly a few tang. I'm trying to see what is pretty easy but beautiful. I was hoping to have a feather duster and maybe even anemones.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had our first tank set up Monday. It's 150 gallon with sump. There is a great deal of foam that has made about a 2 inch layer on all the water in the sump. Will that go away? Is it most likely from debris in the sand?
yes it goes away. I actually scooped it out of mine when I started. I ran filter socks to clear it up quicker

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back