Hey! FirstTime caller longtime listener

TimJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to be an African Cichlid nut and had to sell my tank when life had me moving all over the place. Finally settled down, grew some roots and got back into the hobby. Always wanted to do Saltwater, but was always intimidated. Ultimately took the plunge and so glad that I did.

Started with a 75g. Has been up for 10 months. Lots of challenges and made plenty of the rookie mistakes one can make in their first year but coming out ok. Ich. Dinos. I still here and loving it (Although both tested my resolve). From the outside the R2R community has been invaluable overcoming the ever present challenges of reef keeping.

started out thinking this would be fowlr system. Lol. How naive. All it took was getting a couple mushrooms from the LFS and seeing them under the actinic blue and I was hooked. Once my Valentini puffer established that he wouldn’t eat them it was on. used to think coral was just a garden but now I understand the addiction. The science only adds to the fascination.

Current Setup
75 Gallon
Current Orbit Marine IC
Reef Brite Lumi Light Actinic.

One Spot Foxface
Valentini Puffer
Midas Blenny
Flame Hawk
Black snowflake Clown
Stubby Clown
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Ricordea, Rhodactis Hairy Mushrooms
Frogspawn
Vargas Cespitularia
pulsing Xenia
Toadstool
Acan
Zoas
candy cane
cyphastrea

429A12E6-136C-46A7-B534-A81919BFAB4C.jpeg D8DB4BE9-121A-45EC-B89A-E05C88C50B97.jpeg 92A03345-507C-4DF9-BBF6-3F802FDC5496.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to be an African Cichlid nut and had to sell my tank when life had me moving all over the place. Finally settled down, grew some roots and got back into the hobby. Always wanted to do Saltwater, but was always intimidated. Ultimately took the plunge and so glad that I did.

Started with a 75g. Has been up for 10 months. Lots of challenges and made plenty of the rookie mistakes one can make in their first year but coming out ok. Ich. Dinos. I still here and loving it (Although both tested my resolve). From the outside the R2R community has been invaluable overcoming the ever present challenges of reef keeping.

started out thinking this would be fowlr system. Lol. How naive. All it took was getting a couple mushrooms from the LFS and seeing them under the actinic blue and I was hooked. Once my Valentini puffer established that he wouldn’t eat them it was on. used to think coral was just a garden but now I understand the addiction. The science only adds to the fascination.

Current Setup
75 Gallon
Current Orbit Marine IC
Reef Brite Lumi Light Actinic.

One Spot Foxface
Valentini Puffer
Midas Blenny
Flame Hawk
Black snowflake Clown
Stubby Clown
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Ricordea, Rhodactis Hairy Mushrooms
Frogspawn
Vargas Cespitularia
pulsing Xenia
Toadstool
Acan
Zoas
candy cane
cyphastrea

429A12E6-136C-46A7-B534-A81919BFAB4C.jpeg D8DB4BE9-121A-45EC-B89A-E05C88C50B97.jpeg 92A03345-507C-4DF9-BBF6-3F802FDC5496.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined the salty side.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). What you have above would be great to just copy over to Forum > Member Aquariums to start your Build Thread - LOVE your photos, too!

This might help you find people local to you in Atlanta area:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back