Hey Goby lovers! Comparability...?

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compatibility *****
I assume a Hector Goby and a Red Head Goby will be nice neighbors? I have a lot more knowledge on corals and inverts than fish. Right know I just have Clowns and Green Chromis, In the past I have had a evil Damselfish, beautiful Coral Beauty Angel, fire fish, and Diamond Goby...

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There might be some competition for food, as they are both bottom dwellers.

How big is the tank?
They are currently in a 20 gallon long. I didn’t want them to put in DT yet. I have some Live rock from the gulf that have anemones that I’ve been watching. I wanted to add more life to the tank. I’ve adding a few hermits, snails, Emerald crab, a bumblebee shrimp, red head goby, and hector goby. There are also micro brittle stars, bristle worms, Limpets, pods, and probably other hitchhikers in there.
Once I got the Hector Goby I loved watching it, Saw the cool looking red head goby today and got it. From all my research they should be good but like I said Im not a fish expert.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should be fine. If the red head is the Elacatinus species then it will be fine, they are essentially cleaners and won't bother the Hectors at all. They're the pacific version of the neon goby, so only members of that family will fight with each if not given enough room.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back