OP
N.Sreefer

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone ☺️ that reefing in Canada is cool meme made me laugh my **** off lol. My 75 was "professionally resealed" at the LFS (one fish two fish Dartmouth) thought it would look better than the rather ugly job I normally do with silicone. Well a week after I got it back the silicone let go from the glass on the back right side and came gushing out. I got a call from my roommate saying the ceiling was dripping and the drywall was so wet it was starting to sag. By the time I got home (only 20 min later I left work that instant) all the equipment was destroyed all burned out were talking years of built up powerheads ozone generator protein skimmer media reactor all the equipment was run dry and the outlet on the wall was smoldering. My solution a in floor water level alarm with media notifications the peace of mind is worth the 600 bucks . The fish stores reaction was telling me the tank wasn't level I first took a spirit level and sent them a picture of that then showed them a pic of the stand which just so happened to be an expensive stand from the very same store. They then responded with "well we don't guarantee the work it's at your risk". So needless to say I don't go back there lesson of the day get references see tanks they have sealed prior, and sometimes an ugly silicone job is better than a pretty one that leaks! I'll snap some photos of my set up I'm starting again for scratch so it's kinda ugly atm. It's 72" by 24" by 36" an odd sized tank I think 136 gallon.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back