Hey there 6055 imp same as 6040?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HMSTerror

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you and your family are doing well. You should come to florida and go fishing with me some time then in return you can get me a buck bigger than a small dog heh. Anyway just making sure the 6055 impeller is the same as the 6040 impeller? As always thanks roger.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, deer in Texas are kind of small too, not like the swamp deer in Louisiana and Florida, but they aren't those huge midwest, northern deer either, in some areas the bucks have huge racks, but body size they aren't all that, 150lbs is pretty big for a Texas deer. Yes, 6055 and 6040 impellers are the same, the 6040 has less flow as it is 12V instead of 24V and the smaller body restricts the flow as well. Thanks!

OP
OP
HMSTerror

HMSTerror

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, deer in Texas are kind of small too, not like the swamp deer in Louisiana and Florida, but they aren't those huge midwest, northern deer either, in some areas the bucks have huge racks, but body size they aren't all that, 150lbs is pretty big for a Texas deer. Yes, 6055 and 6040 impellers are the same, the 6040 has less flow as it is 12V instead of 24V and the smaller body restricts the flow as well. Thanks!
Alright well lets save up for an elk trip then. Maybe Tunze gb will sponsor it. Ya know for research or something. Thanks again roger! still rockin my tunze coffee mug and golf towel from 2004 heh.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing is, about 3 years ago I moved out of Austin to the neighboring county, a fairly rural area, all the land is protected in the area because it is the aquifer recharge zone and it is tough to work with because there are caves and your house could just fall in the ground and you are kind of on your own, with the terrain they can't run water, sewer or gas lines so you have to be the type that can make do and figure it out and likes quiet. It is relatively cheap because you need to own 2+ acres just to bulld a modest house with the impermeable cover rules and most lots are 2-5 acres. One of the odd things was, on the highway leading out there they had elk crossing signs and I was sure that the highway department just screwed up, ran out of deer crossing signs. We live on a 15 acre lot and by law I can actually hunt there, but very carefully as there are a lot of houses all around us, I have to be up high and shooting down and everything has to line up just right. One day I was walking around and there was a herd of elk back there, one bull, four cows and a calf. I called the county and was told I could shoot them and that basically 12 or so years ago a game ranch fence flooded out and 14 escaped and there are now 47 of them by the last aerial survey and they span a roughly 70 mile range from South Austin down into Central Hays county. I was totally psyched, I had 3 chances to bag one and my problem was the terrain is really rough and rocky, I mean, this land is about worthless for farming or much of anything, just this porous limestone with thin clay and a lot of scrub brush and short trees and so somehow I would have to drag this thing back to the house, I also needed it to be cool enough to keep the meat safe for all the hours it would take to cape and gut it and needed a friend or two, never could make that work. Now the big 400 acre ranch beside us was high fenced and the elk don't come into our neighborhood anymore, my immediate neighbor has 33 acres and hunts and he keeps waiting for that fence to wash out, he has a lot of equipment and I tease him he needs to have an ATV or tractor accident with that fence.

OP
OP
HMSTerror

HMSTerror

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing is, about 3 years ago I moved out of Austin to the neighboring county, a fairly rural area, all the land is protected in the area because it is the aquifer recharge zone and it is tough to work with because there are caves and your house could just fall in the ground and you are kind of on your own, with the terrain they can't run water, sewer or gas lines so you have to be the type that can make do and figure it out and likes quiet. It is relatively cheap because you need to own 2+ acres just to bulld a modest house with the impermeable cover rules and most lots are 2-5 acres. One of the odd things was, on the highway leading out there they had elk crossing signs and I was sure that the highway department just screwed up, ran out of deer crossing signs. We live on a 15 acre lot and by law I can actually hunt there, but very carefully as there are a lot of houses all around us, I have to be up high and shooting down and everything has to line up just right. One day I was walking around and there was a herd of elk back there, one bull, four cows and a calf. I called the county and was told I could shoot them and that basically 12 or so years ago a game ranch fence flooded out and 14 escaped and there are now 47 of them by the last aerial survey and they span a roughly 70 mile range from South Austin down into Central Hays county. I was totally psyched, I had 3 chances to bag one and my problem was the terrain is really rough and rocky, I mean, this land is about worthless for farming or much of anything, just this porous limestone with thin clay and a lot of scrub brush and short trees and so somehow I would have to drag this thing back to the house, I also needed it to be cool enough to keep the meat safe for all the hours it would take to cape and gut it and needed a friend or two, never could make that work. Now the big 400 acre ranch beside us was high fenced and the elk don't come into our neighborhood anymore, my immediate neighbor has 33 acres and hunts and he keeps waiting for that fence to wash out, he has a lot of equipment and I tease him he needs to have an ATV or tractor accident with that fence.
So it wouldnt be lottery tag you can just do general for one? This is what you do roger, at our plant we have one large ASR on site because we blend surface and ground water. I need you to go to the panhandle and drop me down down some caches of nitrox. I will scuba from here in Bradenton, up florida and around (can scuba in LA on the surface depending on the time of year heh) then go to tx. Plant dynamite under the fence line , blow the fence then pop out of the water like arnold during the beach scene in commando. I have a bad elbow so I cant use a bow and I am not going to find any ammo for my .280 ai anytime soon. BUT, I do have left over corn from last year (do elks eat corn?). I will lure the elk on to your property where we bargain with him to bring more of his friends over to breed and help flourish the population, wait a few years then bag one. Also if you want a fun adventure, a few years ago I dragged a buck out of the palmetto bush a quarter mile. Put it on the tract road (i lease land from rayonier) and some guys "helpers" that put corn in their feeders decided to pick him up as I walked back to my truck. It is a huge area so I finally am halfway back and see some other property owners, they heard my shot so we are chatting it up and im showing them some pictures of the "6 point" (lol florida 3 on each antler) The guy says he has a stringer I can use at his farm to dress it since it was 2am and they were calling it a day anyway. A truck goes speeding by with my poor buck. Long story short, located them by waking up every contact I knew and managed to get it back in a grocery store parking lot plus 250 to not call the cops. Both antlers were broke off from them trying to get it in their truck unfortunately and I only found one on the dirt road. Hunting in FL is awful , heck I do not even care to hunt else where I just want to glass some places and go "cool thats an elk" ive never actually seen one in person. Thats so neat that your area has potential for them though. (also side note, i ordered the imp and that bottom bushing piece from tunze today) Do i just get the bottom bushing out with a dental pick? Another thing I want to do is fly fish in oregon one day for trout. I have only done it once in PA and white salmon in Alaska. Hope you get to go out this fall and winter.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, thats a rough hunting story. When we moved to the new house, that winter I shot the best buck ever for me, an atypical 10, 4 on one side, 6 on the other, beautiful deer, and I am mad because the taxidermist has a paralyzing fear of COVID and I dropped it off December of 2019 for a shoulder mount and have never heard from him since, he answered the phone a couple times and told me he was waiting for COVID to blow over and would get it done eventually and now he doesn't even answer the phone, been in business 40 years and did two deer for me previously. A buddy of mine goes to Montana every year to fly fish. My last fishing trip was for Redfish and I didn't catch anything, one guy on the boat caught a 17" we had to throw back. The elk here are considered "exotics" as they are introduced, so it is open season any time.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your parts shipped yesterday and yes, just a dental pick or really small needlenose, newer pumps they fit looser so they are easier to remove, on older pumps they could fit pretty tight.

OP
OP
HMSTerror

HMSTerror

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your parts shipped yesterday and yes, just a dental pick or really small needlenose, newer pumps they fit looser so they are easier to remove, on older pumps they could fit pretty tight.
Thanks for shipping them out roger, yeah fishing hasnt been that great here either recently. They might eventually open goliath season which would be neat considering they are getting out of control also. Hope you have a good weekend and good luck this season. I didnt score a lease in time so looks like only small game and dove for me this year at a wma.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back