Photo_1655132019292.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Had just joined the forum a few days ago and thought to introduce myself.

I’m Rish (people call me Rish or Rich, either is fine). Been a saltwater addict for over 8 years, and currently running a 55 gal Duncan and fish tank, a 90 gallon corner tank (all LPS), and a 270+ gallon system in the basement consisting of 2 40 gallon breeders, 3 20 gallon, 3 10 gallon tanks, and 3 sumps (1 20 and 2 40 gallon sumps) all plumbed into one system.

Had all freshwater tanks when younger, but, after buying a house, went all out into the saltwater side. Had started with one tank, which eventually became 2, then progressed into 7 separate systems at one point, then downsized to 3 systems.

Been a bit of a journey, and have successfully cared for various types of fish including water column fish as well as dragonets and seahorses. Now settled into what I have, but find myself changing/modifying systems frequently (I’m a bit of a diy guy, and like all of the things we can do with this hobby).

Nice to meet you all, and while I’m mostly a browser, looking forward to the conversations along the way. All the best.

Hi Rish and Welcome! Glad you joined. WOW - looking forward to hearing/learning more!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Morristown:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
RSNJReef

RSNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Everyone, thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Being completely honest, in my 20+ years as an adult, this is the largest, warmest welcome that I’ve had, and it not regret joining sooner, but here now so it’s all good.

My fingers would get tired thanking all that posted, so wanted to say a global thank you to everyone, this is fantastic all. Very, very well done.

As for the build thread some of you posted, yeah, I’m thinking of maybe doing one of the tanks as an online log of the progression. I also just picked up two new orange erectus seahorses, wild caught, and am starting them through the quarantine process tonight, so thinking of logging the progress of the quarantine process and also the process of converting them to frozen, so people can see what worked and didn’t work through the process. Will see if I have time tonigh after putting the kids to bed.

thanks again everyone, this is great!!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone, thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Being completely honest, in my 20+ years as an adult, this is the largest, warmest welcome that I’ve had, and it not regret joining sooner, but here now so it’s all good.

My fingers would get tired thanking all that posted, so wanted to say a global thank you to everyone, this is fantastic all. Very, very well done.

As for the build thread some of you posted, yeah, I’m thinking of maybe doing one of the tanks as an online log of the progression. I also just picked up two new orange erectus seahorses, wild caught, and am starting them through the quarantine process tonight, so thinking of logging the progress of the quarantine process and also the process of converting them to frozen, so people can see what worked and didn’t work through the process. Will see if I have time tonigh after putting the kids to bed.

thanks again everyone, this is great!!!

You mention quarantine, and this is an opportunity to learn from our very own Jay Hemdal, leader of R2R Fish Medics, among SO SO MANY ACCOMPLISHMENTS !!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 166 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back