Hey Y'all

QuarantineReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
53
Location
Central Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined and figured I should introduce myself. I have dreamed of having one of those amazing reef tanks you see on TV and in YouTube videos for a long long time and I am finally in a place where I can at least try to have a small scale version of one. So thanks to the current stay at home order in the state I have had plenty of time to start researching what I need to do to try and have as successful tank as possible. I have had freshwater aquariums in the past but this will be my first attempt at a reef aquarium. I have a few pieces of equipment so far but still have lot of things to figure out and a lot of questions to ask in an attempt to figure out what other equipment I will need. Hopefully I won't drive anyone too nuts with my questions as I try to navigate through setting up my first reef tank!
 
Welcome to R2R! We love questions, ask away :)
 
E294FD68-554F-40C9-B0DB-D4E75A27C0E4.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Just joined and figured I should introduce myself. I have dreamed of having one of those amazing reef tanks you see on TV and in YouTube videos for a long long time and I am finally in a place where I can at least try to have a small scale version of one. So thanks to the current stay at home order in the state I have had plenty of time to start researching what I need to do to try and have as successful tank as possible. I have had freshwater aquariums in the past but this will be my first attempt at a reef aquarium. I have a few pieces of equipment so far but still have lot of things to figure out and a lot of questions to ask in an attempt to figure out what other equipment I will need. Hopefully I won't drive anyone too nuts with my questions as I try to navigate through setting up my first reef tank!
Welcome to R2R. Ask away, there are lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new