ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Just thought I’d drop in and say hi!

I have had saltwater tanks for a long time. I still have tons to learn. My current tank is a 24g Nanocube LED. It’s been going almost 2 months.

I had a 32g biocube right before that, but I gave most of my livestock to a friend that was getting into the hobby. I decided to redo my hardwood floors and switch tanks. I do love how my 24g looks in my living room!

I also have a 1200 gallon koi pond in my back yard that has 14 beautiful koi in it. I love koi almost as much as I love my clowns.

I look forward to seeing everyone’s setup and getting to know you all.

285253E3-708E-4122-8BBA-56DE9D07801E.jpeg

Hello and welcome

OP
OP
Rip2131

Rip2131

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I plan on building a big koi pond in the future but going to have to make it fairly deep.

My pond is 2ft deep ,but is about 8ft x 12ft. I also built a pergola/pergoda thing over mine with the sunshade fabric. I love it. I think I will be ok with this depth. My parents live in a slightly colder climate and they use a premanufactured liner that isn't quite as deep as mine and his fish have done fine for 30 years.

That being said, I wish I would have done one section at 3 feet ... just because! This will be my first winter with my pond, so time will tell if I need to make changes!

Go for it, koi have so much personality! They are so goofy after you befriend them!

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pond is 2ft deep ,but is about 8ft x 12ft. I also built a pergola/pergoda thing over mine with the sunshade fabric. I love it. I think I will be ok with this depth. My parents live in a slightly colder climate and they use a premanufactured liner that isn't quite as deep as mine and his fish have done fine for 30 years.

That being said, I wish I would have done one section at 3 feet ... just because! This will be my first winter with my pond, so time will tell if I need to make changes!

Go for it, koi have so much personality! They are so goofy after you befriend them!
I look forward to it. I live in Southern Indiana so idk im gonna have to do research on depth needed cause I've heard anything from 3-6ft which is a huge difference in terms of water depth. It stays below freezing for 3-4months and wanna make sure winter doesnt take them out and end up having to dig it up again afterwards to make it deeper.

Back