HHH's 65 mixed reef

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I thought I'd pop in and look through your build thread. Things are looking good. I hope I get/maintain the kind of color on my sps that you have. Mine tend to suffer from brown turd syndrome. :D

Are you dosing anything to keep Alk and Ca up or do water changes take care of it?

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I thought I'd pop in and look through your build thread. Things are looking good. I hope I get/maintain the kind of color on my sps that you have. Mine tend to suffer from brown turd syndrome. :D

Are you dosing anything to keep Alk and Ca up or do water changes take care of it?
Thank you for taking a look! I dose brs cal, alk and mag.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any issues with your nem moving ever? I've thought about adding one to my IM40 so my clowns might stop hosting my utter chaos but I'm afraid of it moving and ending up shredded.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any issues with your nem moving ever? I've thought about adding one to my IM40 so my clowns might stop hosting my utter chaos but I'm afraid of it moving and ending up shredded.
I have had it for well over a year now and it (they now) have never moved. Imo if you put them where they can extend into and away from both light and flow, they should stay put. Mine are getting to be a bit big. They rub against other corals all the time and don't do too much harm. My hydnophora on the other hand...

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting these here for reference later. Finally mounted my acan that always got knocked over by snails. There is one disc of some named zoas I got over the weekend and the others and that chalice were all from the $4.95 rescue bin at the lfs.
mSInGXT.jpg

These are just some more randoms including the new setosa.
GLBVbGb.jpg

zbog821.jpg
Zy3JQlm.jpg
oLLEU0P.jpg
ZKNcSzO.jpg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Flame Hawk perished by way of drying on the ground behind the tank. That's a hard loss as I really liked that fish. Rip.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw my Anthias spawn last night. This video is after it happened but you can see the male doing his displays a little into the video. Sorry only the blues are on but thats the only time they do this. So I can say I have spawning clowns and Anthias. I guess keeping my fish happy is winning against keeping my corals happy at present lol.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. I sold one of my nems and bought a harlequin shrimp. Some asterinas have been eating my zoas so I am hoping he will wipe them out. Then I want to trade him off to someone local. Here is the reef in its current state. Most everything seems happy and growing well.
8OxHTc1.jpg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Paletta Pink tip is finally waking up!
ES9I0Cr.jpg

This section is looking pretty good. Love that this stag is getting purple tips.

Q6EZjrZ.jpg

Then I just can't get over this one. Looks almost edible.
TqWPesz.jpg

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting these here for reference later. Finally mounted my acan that always got knocked over by snails. There is one disc of some named zoas I got over the weekend and the others and that chalice were all from the $4.95 rescue bin at the lfs.

These are just some more randoms including the new setosa.
GLBVbGb.jpg

Zy3JQlm.jpg
oLLEU0P.jpg

I see the algae now. It really doesn't look that bad. Mine looks so much worse because it's covered in dinoflagellates. Your tank looks great... Goals!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back